At ZAG, our purpose is “...innovating to enhance the way people experience and enjoy their lives”. A small privately held business with approximately 50 people, we run multiple business units and brands ranging from natural pharmaceuticals to beverages and specialty spirits which sell internationally.
After 10 years of success, ZAG Group is poised to revolutionize the beverage industry with the introduction of a number of highly innovative products in some very large markets. With double digit growth last year and a budget for 300% growth this year, our plans include the raising of significant growth capital, tripling of staff count and expanding our global reach. Our plan to rapidly develop our brands, grow revenue and reach past 100M, and eventually, sell one or more of our brands for a high exit value.
We are currently searching for a highly talented, driven and experienced European Director of Sales to be a key part of this extremely challenging and lucrative opportunity. You will join a talented and experienced executive team and take up responsibility for the revenue targets of the organization. This role will be held from our office in Chelsea, England.
Responsibilities Your Mission
Reporting directly to the CEO, your responsibility will be;
1. Maintaining growth track for existing brands and team, and continuing growth by expanding globally in Europe (1M – 5M over 18 months) new stores, new sales shift (5am to 1pm);
2. Execute global sales and marketing plan;
a. Build and hire Sales Managers and Representatives for EU region.
b. Build call center staff from 10-30 including finding a Sales Rep to travel and close deals.
c. Execute trade show plan going from 3/year to 15/year.
3. Take our invention (world’s first highly effective Anti-Pain beverage) main stream through brokers in the Europe from 100K per month to 1M+ per month by end of year.
a. Building international market for achieving this and following year to 3M per month target.
b. Rebrand the product for mass market (in progress).
c. Develop market segment strategies for tattoo, fitness, gas and convenience stores and close broker deals right out of the gate.
d. Develop list of biggest potential partners in the world and travel to close deals along with managing people to travel to close deals.
4. Launch Zen-d (highly effective Anti Stress drink) working with marketing team;
a. Go to stores in US focus for 24 months, whole foods, CVS, mainstream grocery.
b. Also build internal team 10-30 people to call niche markets like salon, airports, massage etc.
c. Build and position company for sale to major beverage or Pharma Company. (Expected exit 3-5 years is 30-70M)
- A working knowledge of the CPG/Beverage industry with a focus on legal compliance strongly preferred;
- Has solid personal sales experience, proficient at closing big deals with sophisticated customers;
- Very skilled at managing large metrics driven sales teams (including phone sales teams);
- Comfortable with budgeting and forecasting yet good at running system. CRM, ERP, management systems;
- Tech savvy, working knowledge of ERP, LinkedIn, advanced knowledge Office, Excel;
- 10 years+ of sales and marketing experience in progressive roles within the Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG)/Beverage industry either working for a CPG company or selling directly to CPG clients and to European market place.
- Preferably successful experience growing startups up to 50-100m;
- At least 5 years experience of building and leading sales and marketing teams of 50+ people,
- Established broker relationship and network in Europe, of companies that actively sell shots or CPG;
- Can identify and deliver on new and incremental selling channels, studying and understanding each specific market structure and channel base;
- Experience in strategic planning and execution; knowledge of structuring sales quota goals and revenue expectations;
- Strong tradeshow experience.
Uncapped commission plan with a base salary dependant on past experience.
To apply for this position please visit our website www.zagglobal.com