ZAG Group is a high-growth, high-energy company of big thinkers and big doers. We're long-range innovators who see where markets are going and create new product categories that become the next big wave. Through our expanding international network of sales and distribution, we're building a team to take innovative new products to the global market.
At ZAG Group, our purpose is “...innovating to enhance the way people experience and enjoy their lives”. An entrepreneurial and privately held business, we run multiple business units and brands ranging from natural pharmaceuticals to functional beverages.
After 13 years of success, ZAG Group is poised to revolutionize the beverage industry with the introduction of a number of highly innovative products in some very large markets. With significant internally funded growth three years in a row, our plans include the raising of strategic capital, tripling of staff count, and expanding our global reach.
Our plan to rapidly develop our brands, grow revenue, reach past 100M, and eventually, sell one or more of our brands for a high exit value. We are currently searching for a highly talented, driven and experienced Controller to be a key part of this extremely challenging and lucrative opportunity. You will be in charge of a talented and experienced finance team.
Reporting directly to the CFO, the Controller will be responsible for:
- Accountability for presentation of monthly financial statements to the Executive Team
- Create and manage team toprepare complex consolidated monthly financial statements on a fixed tight deadline
- Be the driver to create efficiencies in the financial reporting process. (currently the process is very manual)
- Develop, execute and maintain a detailed annual cash plan ensuring that operations always has cash to buy product on time to meet sales forecast, to ensure that tax anddebt is managed, that terms with vendors are negotiated as needed
- Be responsible for daily cash flow management
- Be the ‘glue that holds the Company together’; own accountability from sales, marketing and operations. Own and run weekly management meetings to ensure Companywide synergy
- Be an integral part of a team that organizesa proper with lawyers achieving a split out into product focused units, tax efficiencyand asset security
- Ensure compliance with Complex Company Structure
- Own the Merchant banking/charge back process to ensure charge back rates are within target
- Proactively provide the sales team with meaningful KPI reports
- Own tax minimization strategy
- Working closely with the CFO, ensure that an Employee Stock Option Plan is implemented
- Ensure that the Finance dept. has > 75% quarterly goal accomplishment rate
- Manage all company banking, insurance programs, SRED claims, Government funding programs, credit and collections.
- Improving and implementing new processes to increase company wide efficiencies
In your role as Controller you will report to the CFO and free the CFO to be strategic while you own the tactile.
Working closely with all members of the management and executive team, you will map out, report on and drive the financial and action plans of our growth. You own the outlook that ‘the sales team pays our salaries but great sales people always find ways around good processes’. You look forward to the challenge of putting in process without inhibiting growth.
You thrive in fast moving, fast growth entrepreneurial environments, have a ‘solution based’ mind set and be comfortable with possibly working in the grey area.At times, your work/life balance might not be so balanced.
In your role you will manage a small team of finance professionals responsible for full cycle accounting, and have access to a team of external legal advisors, and tax advisors. You will be responsible not only for managing these areas but driving world class execution across them.
- Financial designation (CA, CGA, CMA)
- 5+ years’ experience in senior finance leadership roles reporting to chief executives
- Experience in consumer products businesses with manufacturing operations
- Experience with product oriented ecommerce business including the acquisition and maintenance of merchant accounts
- Experience being the senior finance person in a small high growth (50-100% growth per year) business
- P&L management / ownership
- Previous experience working with small, medium or large scale ERP experience with NetSuite is an asset
- CRA or cross border tax experience (a plus)
- SRED / IRAP experience (a plus)
- Experience managing operations (a plus)
- Proven experience working in a high growth environment with an entrepeurial owner;
- Strong problem solving skills and the ability to applycognitive thinking is a must.
Highly competitive base salary.
How to apply
To apply for this position please visit our website at www.zagglobal.com and click on the Join us tab. Please include a cover letter with the top reasons you are the ideal candidate for this position.