If you're looking for the next big move in your career, this will interest you. We are currently looking for a highly driven, world class Chief Operating Officer to join and lead our dynamic team.
ZAG Group is a high-growth, high-energy company of big thinkers and big doers. We're long-range innovators who see where markets are going and create new product categories that become the next big wave. Through our expanding international network of sales and distribution, we're building a team to take massive new products to the global market.
At ZAG Group, our purpose is “...innovating to enhance the way people experience and enjoy their lives”. An entrepreneurial and privately held business, we run multiple business units and brands ranging from natural pharmaceuticals to beverages, which sell internationally.
Current year over year revenue growth is running at 250%+ and staff count has increased from 30 to 80 in the last 9 months. We are expecting 2014 to be similar and we are now looking to expand our leadership capacity by acquiring the right individual in the role of COO.
Reporting to the CEO the COO is responsible for managing all hands-on operational aspects of the company. This role collaborates with the Executive Leadership Team to develop corporate and operational strategies, and is charged with all elements of the execution of these strategies across our businesses. Through a respectful, constructive and energetic style, guided by the cultural values ZAG, the COO will provide the leadership, management and vision necessary to ensure that the company has the proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures, and people systems in place to effectively grow the organization and to ensure financial strength and operating efficiency.
Functional areas of the business are divided into the following categories which the COO will lead. You are expected to have competency and demonstrable experience and success in all or most of the following areas.
oGlobal Supply Chain (purchasing, logistics, distribution etc.)
oInside Sales / Call Center
oGlobal Market Expansion
- Human resources
- Global Recruiting (Canada, US, Europe, Other)
- Strategic and business planning and over all organizational performance management
The following areas will be retained by the CEO but overall integration of these elements will be lead by the COO
- Research and Development
- Political Affairs and Government Relations
oBrand and Trade Marketing
- Long Term Strategy
Duties & Responsibilities
- The overall profit and growth of the organization to meet shareholder expectations
- Development and successful execution of organizational budgets
- The development and preservation of a fun, unique, adventurous and highly committed culture
- Working with the CEO to develop a clear, cohesive and effective strategy to grow the business at exponential levels and the dissemination and implementation of this strategy though out the business
- Leadership of the strategic planning process
- Leading a complex, fast paced, and proactive global talent acquisition plan
- Leading the skills and leadership development of all talent in the organization
- Building out structure of our multi-business organization and establishing systems that allow them to growth effectively and meet expectations.
- Performance goals, allocate resources, and assess policies for senior management.
- Drive performance measures for the entire operation, including a consideration of efficiency versus effectiveness, through the use of dashboards for review of Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s).
- Participate in capital market development, including participation in road shows, bank meetings, analyst meetings and more.
- Directs the development and installation of procedures and controls, to promote communication and adequate information flow, and thereby solidify management control and direction of the enterprise.
- Advise the CEO on strategic business development and key corporate planning issues and make recommendations on major business decisions.
- Provides timely, accurate and complete reports on the operating condition of the Company to all stakeholders.
- Collaborate with the management team to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes, and personnel designed to accommodate the rapid growth objectives of our organization; while maintaining responsibility for the measurement and effectiveness of all processes internal and external;
- Motivate and lead a high performance management team; mentor direct reports to cultivate skills and to increase consciousness of the interrelationship between each department in the operations groups.
Who you are:
- You are a highly competent leader, with excellent communication skills, an ability to build systems and structure, and have a track record of leading people to achieve great things.
- You are highly structured and organized executer, you get details, know how to build rhythm in an organization, and are an expert and managing complexity across large rapidly changing groups of people.
- You are smart, you learn things and get it, quick. Your intelligence is not one dimensional but includes the gamut. You are very good at making complex things easy.
- You have a successful track record of working in high performing entrepreneurial environments, including working with high drive entrepreneurs, curses, gifts and all, you can handle the heat and thrive under pressure.
- You see the impossible as possible. Companies do grow from zero revenue to billion dollar market cap in 2 years. You have or aspire to build one of these companies. 15M to 50M on internal cash flow is perfectly doable in your mind.
- You love to learn. You are always learning. You read, take courses, ask amazing questions, you are a sponge for information and are always growing. You live in the age of modern cutting age business practices.
- You have integrity, are honest and know what you stand for, you have a track record of people you have worked with that will testify to this and the rest of the above.
Your Experience / Our Requirements
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in Senior Management in CPG, FMCP or manufacturing. Natural products industry or pharmaceuticals a plus
- Intimate knowledge of financials, complex modeling and revenue projections. Previous P and L responsibility a must
- Experience growing businesses quickly and exponentially across multiple growth stages
- Experience with organizations of considerable complexity 50M+ annual sales / 100-200+ staff with multiple geographic locations
- Experience in cashflow tight, value conscious entrepreneurial environments
- MBA or related business degree
- Solid number 2 experience with Entrepreneur
- Solid working knowledge of budgeting, sales, business development and strategic planning
- Proven experience in launching new and innovative products to market in Europe and the US
- Strong negotiating and decision making skills with an entrepreneurial style, marked by imagination and ingenuity
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, public speaking and presentation skills
Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively manage relationships with existing and prospective executives
Please apply online at http://zagglobal.com/apply.html