We are hiring a Software Developer. If you're passionate about programming high quality business systems, read on and let's start to figure out if you might work well with our team.
This is a full-time position with flexible hours.
- 5+ years of development experience
- Experience with a variety of programming languages, platforms, and frameworks (LAMP and Python are desirable)
- Demonstrable passion for programming, such as a strong tendency towards “tinkering” in your spare time or programming personal websites and/or database applications
- Programming internal ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) system (Python/Postgres)
- Web development for various business purposes (internal/external) using multiple technologies (PHP, MySQL, Python, etc.)
- Documentation of all of the above, including writing user's manuals for internal users
We're an established and steadily growing employee-owned company that designs, manufactures, and sells precision motion control equipment for high-tech markets around the world.
We aim to create an open, friendly, and high-achieving work environment. Our staff are progressive, enthusiastic individuals whose hobbies and interests are reflected in the work we do. In an anonymous, company-wide survey, Zaberians (that's what we call ourselves) wrote that the top reasons they enjoy working at Zaber are the people, the sense of community, flexible hours, the level of employee engagement, being paid for every hour worked (rather than a fixed salary), and the opportunities to learn. Most of us cycle, bus, or carpool to work and put in extra effort to make sustainable choices. Last, but not least, our office has several friendly dogs.
Our Development Team
We asked our development team why a star programmer would want to work at Zaber, and here's what they said:
You get paid for the hours you work. If you're asked to work longer, you can always say no and if you work the extra hours, you're always paid for it. Because Zaber pays by the hour, it's OK to take time off for the random things that happen if you have a family.
Management explains their decisions in detail. If you suggest a better solution, management always considers it. We trust the management team to lead because they've proven themselves to us.
The software team enjoys a really good relationship with users. Everyone understands that the system improves incrementally and we're doing what we can. When you add a feature that improves someone's life, they thank you. When you make a mistake, no one flips out. As a dev, you'll like these users, they're pretty technically savvy and quite understanding.
There's more to life than just work and the job doesn't follow you home unless you want it to. Many of us still work on things related to the job at home but only because it's what we like to do and we take pride in it, not because someone demanded it or even suggested it.
For application instructions, please see the posting on our website: www.zaber.com/home/careers.php