ZCL is North America’s leading manufacturer of Fiberglass Reinforced Plastic (FRP) storage solutions for the petroleum, water, and industrial corrosion industries. We pride ourselves on creating high quality, environmentally safe products for the storage of fuel, water, chemicals, and other hazardous liquids.
ZCL is currently recruiting for an experienced Supervisor, Customer Service in Edmonton, AB. This position is responsible for plants in Edmonton, AB and Drummondville, QC. If you are a motivated worker that wants to be treated well and be part of a team – ZCL Composites is looking for you!
Reporting to the Vice President Petroleum Sales, the Supervisor, Customer Service is responsible for the overall coordination and processing of orders for company products for ZCL’s Underground Storage Tank (UST) division. Responsibilities include:
- Assigning production orders and coordinating work flow to Customer Service Coordinators
- Working closely with internal groups and departments including sales, engineering, production, and shipping/ receiving to ensure seamless coordination of customer orders
- Setting-up customer deliveries and communicating lead times to customers and sales representatives
- Reviewing incoming orders, preparing and assigning work order packages, and updating order backlogs for plant production purposes
- Coordinating all production activities daily with the Plant Manager and/or Plant Superintendent
- Effectively handling escalated customer issues in a timely manner
- Responding to customer inquiries in a timely manner regarding freight quotes, delivery, quality, specifications, and installation problems
- Making freight arrangements with trucking lines according to shipping needs including the coordination of special requirements for oversized tanks (e.g. over size, over length)
- Ensuring accurate order entry, customer invoicing and costing
- Maintaining accurate customer order files including purchase order information, drawing approvals, customer correspondence, production information, warranty packages and freight details
- Directly supervising employees in the Customer Service department
- Ensuring appropriate employee management, including hiring, training, planning, appraising performance, and disciplinary action
- Providing monthly reports to senior management including production scheduling, status of orders, and ship date
- Analyzing and controlling expenditures of the department to conform to budgetary requirements
- Completing special projects/tasks as required
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Preference will be given to candidates who have completed a post-secondary program in a related field (e.g.: business management)
- Minimum 5-7 years of sales or customer service experience combined with technical knowledge from related industries (e.g. manufacturing, oil & gas)
- Minimum of 3-5 years of direct management experience, preferably in customer service, sales or a manufacturing environment
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills including the ability to address employee issues such as employee development, coaching and performance concerns (e.g. absenteeism, work quality)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and a pleasant phone manner
- A good understanding of production processes including knowledge of production lifecycles
- Ability to develop positive working relationships with customers and coworkers
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Bilingual in French and English would be an asset
- Knowledge of ZCL’s manufacturing process & products would be an asset
This is a full-time salaried position located in ZCL’s Head Office at 1420 Parsons Road SW. This position is ideal for a candidate who is looking for a challenging career with the opportunity for advancement within the company.
To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to us, making sure to state the job title in the subject line of your email. Applications will be accepted until Sunday, March 24, 2013. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please visit www.zcl.com for more information about our company and our products.
ZCL is an equal opportunity employer
Indeed - 17 months ago
Established in 1987, ZCL COMPOSITES INC. has grown to become North America’s leading designer, manufacturer and supplier of...