ZCL is North America’s leading manufacturer of Fiberglass Reinforced Plastic (FRP) storage solutions for the petroleum, water, and industrial corrosion industries. We pride ourselves on creating high quality, environmentally safe products for the storage and handling of fuel, water, chemicals, and other hazardous liquids.
ZCL is currently recruiting a full-time Shipper in our Underground Storage Tank (UST) plant in Edmonton. If you are a motivated worker that wants to be treated well and be part of a team – ZCL Composites is looking for you!
The Shipper is responsible for shipping finished product and maintaining and organizing the shipping yard area. Responsibilities include:
- Organizing loads and shipping tanks and accessories.
- Signaling operators to guide them in moving equipment.
- Communicating with shipping companies and drivers to coordinate and load shipments.
- Storing tanks in the yard and maintaining the tank tracking system.
- Maintaining the appearance of the yard and warehouse.
- Storing raw materials and maintaining a tracking system.
- Using various equipment to move parts and products, including zoom boom, scissor lift, knuckle boom and forklift.
- Maintaining equipment and tools properly, ensuring they are in good working condition.
- Reporting malfunctioning equipment and unsafe working conditions.
- Assisting with month end inventory counts.
- Assisting production by moving and delivery of parts, supplies and products by hand or with material handling equipment.
- Performing general duties required to complete work, such as debris removal, clean up, set up, etc.
- Additional duties as required.
- Grade 12 diploma or equivalent. Suitable experience may be considered in lieu of the education requirement.
- 2-4 years experience and knowledge with a zoom boom, forklift and crane operations would be an asset.
- Experience and knowledge of equipment, such as a knuckle boom and scissor lift would be an asset.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Team player with the ability to develop positive working relationships both internally and externally.
- Strong work ethic.
- Knowledge of ZCL’s manufacturing process and products is an asset.
- Valid certificate from an approved crane and rigging safety course would be an asset.
This is a full-time hourly position located in ZCL’s Underground Storage Tank (UST) plant at 6907 – 36th Street. To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to us or fax it to 780-466-6126, making sure to state the job title in the subject line of your email/fax. Applications will be accepted until Sunday, Aug 4, 2013. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please visit www.zcl.com for more information about our company and our products.
ZCL is an equal opportunity employer
Established in 1987, ZCL COMPOSITES INC. has grown to become North America’s leading designer, manufacturer and supplier of cost-effective...