ZCL is North America’s leading manufacturer of Fiberglass Reinforced Plastic (FRP) storage solutions for the petroleum, water, and industrial corrosion industries. We pride ourselves on creating high quality, environmentally safe products for the storage and handling of fuel, water, chemicals, and other hazardous and/or corrosive liquids.
ZCL has an opening for a full time Quality Assurance Technician in the ZCL Dualam plant in Port Coquitlam.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Quality Assurance Technician is responsible for the overall quality of ZCL products throughout all stages of the product life-cycle. Responsibilities include:
- Performing inspection and testing activities as required including bolting up flanges for hydro testing, and inspecting nozzles and confirming their correct installation in a vessel.
- Assembling, installing, and utilizing various testing equipment including measuring tapes, micrometers, ultra sonic thickness gauge & scales.
- Recording, reviewing and reporting on the results of testing, inspections and audits.
- Ensuring testing equipment is in good repair and calibrated.
- Performing various quality assurance and quality control testing.
- Verifying & recording corrective actions arising from audits and product inspections.
- Prescribing and confirming completion of corrective actions.
- Continuously upgrading product and standards knowledge.
- Grade 12 diploma or equivalent.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have completed a post-secondary program in a related field (e.g.: quality management, engineering technology).
- Related training and skills in a Quality Management environment with demonstrated skills in quality control and audits would be an asset.
- Experience in the fibre-reinforced plastic (FRP) industry.
- Basic computer skills including an understanding of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to interact with a wide variety of people including production workers, supervisors/managers, and outside inspectors and auditors.
- Administrative skills including the ability to organize and maintain quality records and documents.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Understanding of basic geometry combined with strong mathematics and blueprint reading.
- Practical, analytical thinker who is able to work independently.
- Adaptable to new challenges and situations.
- A team player with a strong work ethic, and a high sense of values, principles and integrity.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to conduct QC testing and the ability to travel out of town for field work.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing or Six Sigma is an asset.
- Comfortable working in a plant environment.
- Ability to conduct testing at heights and within confined spaces.
To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to us, making sure to state the job title in the subject line of your email. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
ZCL is an equal opportunity employer