ZCL is North America’s leading manufacturer of Fiberglass Reinforced Plastic (FRP) storage solutions for the petroleum, water, and industrial corrosion industries. We pride ourselves on creating high quality, environmentally safe products for the storage and handling of fuel, water, chemicals, and other hazardous and/or corrosive liquids.
ZCL Composites is currently recruiting for full time Purchaser position in Edmonton, Alberta. If you are a motivated worker that wants to be treated well and be part of a team – ZCL Composites is looking for you!
Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Purchaser is responsible for the timely procurement of materials, components, supplies, equipment and services necessary for the operation of the business. Responsibilities include:
- Procuring items at the most beneficial cost with terms consistent to Company standards of quality and manufacturing schedules
- Establishing and approving vendors for raw materials and supplies
- Scheduling deliveries with vendors
- Making recommendations to reduce costs and improve quality of materials purchased
- Providing purchasing analysis, investigating last purchase price, terms of purchase, shipping and quantity for all major purchases
- Building professional relationships with suppliers in order to maintain a high level of service and quality
- Staying up-to-date on current market prices and cycles for raw materials used by ZCL’s manufacturing operations
- Planning current inventory, safety stock levels, stock cycles and suggested reorder on a periodic basis to maximize operation and market conditions
- Establishing and managing the monthly and quarterly material forecasts with major vendors
- Post-secondary education from a recognized institution is preferred (e.g.: business management). Equivalent experience in purchasing will be considered in lieu of the required education
- Minimum of 3-5 years of previous purchasing experience
- Supply Chain Management Professional designation (formerly known as a Certified Professional Purchaser designation) or working towards is considered an asset.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to develop positive working relationships with vendors and coworkers
- Good computer skills including experience with Microsoft Office (including Outlook, Word, and Excel)
- Strong working knowledge with ERP systems, preferably Microsoft Dynamics AX
- Previous experience in FRP composites is a definite asset, although on-the-job training will be provided
This is a full-time salaried position located in ZCL Composites plant at 6907 36th Street in Edmonton, AB. This position is ideal for a candidate who is looking for a challenging career with the opportunity for advancement within the company.
To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to the listed email address, making sure to state the job title in the subject line of your email. Applications will be accepted until Sunday, December 9, 2012. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please visit www.zcl.com for more information about our company and our products.
ZCL is an equal opportunity employer