ZCL is North America’s leading manufacturer of Fiberglass Reinforced Plastic (FRP) storage solutions for the petroleum, water, and industrial corrosion industries. We pride ourselves on creating high quality, environmentally safe products for the storage and handling of fuel, water, chemicals, and other hazardous liquids.
ZCL is currently recruiting for a Production Material Control position in Edmonton, Alberta. If you are a motivated worker that wants to be treated well and be part of a team – ZCL Composites is looking for you!
Reporting to the Leader, Sales Order Management, Production Material Control is responsible for the accurate documentation and tracking of project time and materials for the Edmonton Flex Plants, including both the Corrosion and UST shops. Responsibilities include:
- Working closely with purchasing, production, and customer service to ensure the Bill of Materials (BOM) for each order is accurate and complete.
- Reviewing product drawings to determine the time and material required for production.
- Monitoring time and materials throughout the production process and working closely with the foreman and plant management regarding any discrepancies.
- Reporting discrepancies in estimated vs. actual usage through the use of KPIs.
- Working with ZCL team members to ensure required materials are available to meet production needs.
- Entering BOMs and time requirements and adjustments into the Company ERP system (i.e. Microsoft Dynamics AX).
- Conducting capacity demand planning for Bills of Material (BOMs).
- Providing the required paperwork to production for distribution.
- Providing feedback and recommendations on changes to standard hour benchmarks; working with engineering to implement approved changes.
- Tracking and analyzing stock turns.
- Assisting with month-end inventory processes as required.
- Post-secondary education in a related field (e.g.: engineering technology, business/accounting, project management); suitable work experience may be considered in lieu of the education requirement.
- Minimum of 1-2 years experience with material resource planning, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with business processes including a good understanding of the production lifecycle.
- Ability to read blueprints and drawings.
- Good math skills to do basic geometric calculations and unit conversion
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills combined with the ability to effectively communicate with a variety of departments and functions to identify and resolve order-related issues. (e.g. production, sales, engineering, quality control, etc.).
- Interpersonal skills and ability to develop positive working relationships with customers and coworkers.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple activities and tasks while adhering to strict deadlines and commitments.
- Ability to make decisions and recommendations in a rapid paced, forward evolving environment.
- Good organization skills and a strong attention to detail.
- Solid computer skills in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point. A strong knowledge of Excel especially important.
This is a full-time salaried position that is located in ZCL’s Flex Plant at 6907 – 36th Street in Edmonton. This position is ideal for a candidate who is looking for a challenging career in a fast-paced environment with the opportunity for advancement within the company.
To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to us, making sure to state the job title in the subject line of your email. There is an immediate opening for this position and applications will be reviewed as they are received. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please visit www.zcl.com for more information about our company and our products.
ZCL is an equal opportunity employer.