ZCL is North America’s leading manufacturer of Fiberglass Reinforced Plastic (FRP) storage solutions for the petroleum, water, and industrial corrosion industries. We pride ourselves on creating high quality, environmentally safe products for the storage and handling of fuel, water, chemicals, and other hazardous liquids.
ZCL is currently recruiting a full-time Product Design Engineer at our ZCL Dualam plant in Montreal, QC or Brockville, ON, or in our main office in Edmonton, AB. If you are a motivated worker that wants to be treated well and be part of a team – ZCL Composites is looking for you!
Reporting to the Director of Engineering, the Product Design Engineer is responsible for supporting the Dualam division’s plants in Canada and the USA through the design of above ground and underground corrosion products made of fiberglass or dualaminate material.
- Analyzing and optimizing existing tank designs in terms of material utilization and proper use of equipment.
- Designing new or redesigning existing tank and containment equipment using sound engineering principles, MathCAD programs, SolidWorks or other appropriate software and engineering tools.
- Producing engineering calculations to support tank and containment equipment design as per customer specifications.
- Producing engineering drawings, reviewing for detail, accuracy and conformance with safety standards.
- Communicating with vendor engineering and technical representatives to solve equipment and tank technical problems and providing engineering solutions.
- Communicating with manufacturing and lead projects coordinator to solve equipment and tank technical problems and providing engineering solutions.
- Managing the workflow for work order projects from request to product completion including communication with customers and providing drawings and calculations.
- Investigating field problems and providing technical analysis and reports.
- Performing plant or field work as directed for equipment design and continuous improvement projects.
- Additional projects as assigned by the Director of Engineering.
- Must be registered as a Professional Engineer with Order des Ingenieurs du Quebec (OIQ), Professional Engineers Ontario (PEO) or Professional Engineers of Alberta (APEGA).
- Degree in mechanical engineering. A degree in civil engineering may be suitable if work experience is in mechanical design or product equipment design.
- Minimum of two to five (2-5) years of engineering experience in equipment design, manufacturing or project engineer role.
- Bilingual in French and English will be considered an asset.
- Familiarity with Finite Element Analyses of steel parts and structures using Solid Works FEA module or other software’s would be considered an asset.
- Familiarity of Finite Element Analyses of FRP parts and structures using Femap or NEiNastran would be considered an asset.
- Experience in a manufacturing or plant operations environment is an asset.
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Well-developed analytical skills, with the ability to solve problems, interpret information and take appropriate action.
- Good written and verbal communication skills with the ability to develop positive working relationships both internally and externally.
- Strong computer skills including MathCAD, Solidworks, and Microsoft Outlook.
This is a full-time salaried position located in our ZCL Dualam plant in Montreal, QC at 11750 J.J. Joubert or in Brockville, ON at 4513 Ferguson Drive in the Elizabethtown Industrial Park or alternatively in our main office in Edmonton, AB at 1420 Parsons Road SW. To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to us, making sure to state the job title in the subject line of your email.
There is an immediate opening for this position and applications will be accepted until May 31, 2013. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please visit www.zcl.com for more information about our company and our products.
ZCL is an equal opportunity employer.