ZCL is North America’s leading manufacturer of Fiberglass Reinforced Plastic (FRP) storage solutions for the petroleum, water, and industrial corrosion industries. We pride ourselves on creating high quality, environmentally safe products for the storage and handling of fuel, water, chemicals, and other hazardous and/or corrosive liquids.
ZCL Dualam is currently recruiting for full time Plant Manager based in our Port Coquitlam, BC plant. If you are a motivated worker that wants to be treated well and be part of a team – ZCL Dualam is looking for you!
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Plant Manager is responsible for all plant operations, production and performance through planning, coordinating and evaluating the activities of the plant and its employees. Responsibilities include:
- Handling production problems and implementing solutions in an effective and timely manner
- Analyzing plant performance through Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) and reports, such as direct labor efficiency, productivity, absenteeism, inventory, and backlog
- Ensuring that products are built within costing guidelines, using established standards for materials and labor costs to meet customer deliveries
- Planning and executing production schedules, production techniques and coordinating production strategy
- Working closely with the engineering and floor supervisors, looking for improvement and innovation from the shop floor
- Assisting with the coordination and delivery of field related jobs, including repairs, maintenance, and shutdowns
- Actively promoting plant safety, health and environment
- Managing and controlling inventories of finished products including handling inventory material and supply issues and exploring a variety of options and purchase tactics to resolve problems
- Managing the raw material, tool, and equipment inventories with support from Purchasing and Customer Service, ensuring availability to meet production requirements
- Ensuring appropriate product quality throughout the plant by ensuring that all products are manufactured and delivered within established ZCL quality assurance and service guidelines
- Ensuring appropriate employee management, including staffing levels, scheduling, employee advancement and performance management
- Providing monthly reports to senior management including forecasting, production scheduling, safety and security highlights, product development and major maintenance, building repairs, or improvements
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Preference will be given to candidates who have completed a post-secondary program in a related field (eg: engineering, business management). Equivalent experience in plant operation will be considered in lieu of the preferred education
- Minimum of 5-7 years of direct management experience, preferably in production, sales or management in a manufacturing environment
- Must possess knowledge of production control principals, plant management and supervisory policies; methods of controlling and enforcing quality production standards; and health and safety standards
- Working knowledge of British Columbia’s Employment Standards Act and Occupational Health and Safety Regulation
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills including the ability to address employee issues such as employee development, coaching and performance concerns (e.g. absenteeism, work quality)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good computer skills including experience with Microsoft Office (including Outlook, Word, and Excel)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics AX or similar ERP systems
- Solid knowledge and understanding of lean manufacturing concepts, such as Six Sigma and 5S
- Excellent organizational & administrative skills with the ability to work with minimum direction and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously
- Valid driver’s license and ability to travel occasionally
- Strong math and analytical skills combined with the ability to read and understand blueprints and drawings
- Previous experience in FRP (fibreglass reinforced plastic) composites is a definite asset, although on-the-job training will be provided
This is a full-time salaried position located at ZCL’s plant in Port Coquitlam, BC (1620 Kingsway Ave) and ideal for a candidate who is looking for a challenging career with the opportunity for advancement within the company.
To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to us, making sure to state the job title in the subject line of your email. Applications will be accepted until Sunday, April 14, 2013. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please visit www.zcl.com for more information about our company and our products.
ZCL is an equal opportunity employer
Indeed - 24 months ago
Established in 1987, ZCL COMPOSITES INC. has grown to become North America’s leading designer, manufacturer and supplier of...