ZCL is North America’s leading manufacturer of Fiberglass Reinforced Plastic (FRP) storage solutions for the petroleum, water, and industrial corrosion industries. We pride ourselves on creating high quality, environmentally safe products for the storage and handling of fuel, water, chemicals, and other hazardous liquids.
ZCL is currently recruiting a full-time Plant Accountant at our plant in Drummondville, QC. If you are a motivated worker that wants to be treated well and be part of a team – ZCL Composites is looking for you!
Reporting to the Plant Manager, working closely with the finance group, and having an indirect reporting relationship with the Corporate Controller, the Plant Accountant is responsible for the general accounting and inventory processes at the Drummondville plant. Responsibilities include:
- Providing day to day financial support to the Drummondville Plant Manager and senior operations managers relating to the performance of the Drummondville plant
- Acting as a liaison between the plant Operations, Accounting and Customer Service departments including coordinating production scheduling and tank shipments with invoicing and packing slips
- Analyzing plant performance relative to the expected standards, such as investigating spending levels in order to bring actual spending in line with budgeted expectations
- Entering actual consumption of materials against work orders from time sheets and consumption tags generated in the plant
- Coordinating the inventory count process including the cut-off of purchasing and receiving in preparation for month end
- Creating inventory reconciliation working papers including maintaining ongoing inventory reconciliation binder for audit and CSOx purposes
- Analyzing monthly and budget variances including answering and investigating questions from Corporate Accounting and Executives
- Coordinating the deployment of field crews with the Plant Manager and Field Supervisors including managing time input and material consumption for all field jobs
- Minimum of a two (2) year post-secondary diploma in accounting, cost accounting or inventory control
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in the accounting field with a good understanding of accounting practices and principles
- Experience in a manufacturing or plant operations environment is an asset
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Good written and verbal communication skills with the ability to develop positive working relationships both internally and externally
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in both English and French
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Experience with ERP software, preferably Microsoft Dynamics AX
This is a full-time salaried position located in our plant in Drummondville, QC at 250 rue Rocheleau. To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to jobs @ zcl.com (without spaces), making sure to state the job title in the subject line of your email. Applications will be accepted until Sunday, January 27, 2013.
Salary is commensurate with experience and a group benefits package is available including RRSP matching. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please visit www.zcl.com for more information about our company and our products.
ZCL is an equal opportunity employer