ZCL is North America’s leading manufacturer of Fiberglass Reinforced Plastic (FRP) storage solutions for the petroleum, water, and industrial corrosion industries. We pride ourselves on creating high quality, environmentally safe products for the storage and handling of fuel, water, chemicals, and other hazardous liquids.
ZCL is currently recruiting a Payroll and Benefits Coordinator in Edmonton, Alberta. If you are a motivated worker that wants to be treated well and be part of a team – ZCL Composites is looking for you!
Reporting to the Manager, Payroll & Benefits, the Payroll and Benefits Coordinator is responsible for coordinating payroll and benefits related programs for ZCL’s Canadian based operations. Responsibilities include:
- Ensuring correct data entry into the ADP payroll program.
- Processing salaried and hourly employee payroll for approximately 400 employees (including employees for Quebec locations), with an outside payroll service.
- Preparing, reviewing, and reconciling various payroll and benefit related reports for salaried and/or hourly employees, including monthly journal entries and garnishes.
- Implementing outside payroll service software updates and assisting plants by answering payroll software questions, notification of future payroll changes, and sending examples when required.
- Recording all salaried employee absences to verify carry-over balances at year end.
- Maintaining employee files, updating employee status and address changes, etc. as needed.
- Handling all employee written and verbal inquires such as benefit eligibility, and verification of employment, unemployment compensation and work history.
- Answering questions & inquiries pertaining to the company’s policies and procedures for payroll and benefits.
- Completing special projects or other activities as assigned by Manager, Payroll & Benefits or Director, Human Resources to support overall goals and objectives.
- Minimum of a high school education or equivalent. Post-secondary education in a related field (eg: human resources, accounting) would be an asset.
- Minimum of one year experience in a payroll processing, preferably in a manufacturing department.
- Experience with processing Quebec payroll would be an asset.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and ADP.
- Ability to develop positive working relationships with customers and coworkers.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality is an absolute must.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
This is a full-time salaried position located in ZCL’s Head Office at 1420 Parsons Road SW in Edmonton. This position is ideal for a candidate who is looking for a challenging career in a fast-paced environment with the opportunity for advancement within the company.
To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to the provided email address, making sure to state the job title in the subject line of your email. There is an immediate opening for this position and applications will be reviewed as they are received. Applications will be accepted until Sunday, January 27, 2013. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please visit www.zcl.com for more information about our company and our products
ZCL is an equal opportunity employer
Indeed - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Established in 1987, ZCL COMPOSITES INC. has grown to become North America’s leading designer, manufacturer and supplier of...