ZCL is North America’s leading manufacturer of Fiberglass Reinforced Plastic (FRP) storage solutions for the petroleum, water, and industrial corrosion industries. We pride ourselves on creating high quality, environmentally safe products for the storage and handling of fuel, water, chemicals, and other hazardous and/or corrosive liquids.
ZCL Composites is currently recruiting for full time Junior Purchaser position in Edmonton, Alberta. If you are a motivated worker that wants to be treated well and be part of a team – ZCL Composites is looking for you!
Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Senior Purchaser, the Junior Purchaser is responsible for assisting with the timely procurement of materials, components, supplies, equipment and services necessary for the operation of the business. Responsibilities include:
- Procuring items at the most beneficial cost with terms consistent to Company standards of quality and manufacturing schedules
- Scheduling deliveries with vendors
- Ordering and maintaining supplies for the Edmonton Flex Plant office including stationary, coffee/kitchen supplies, and office equipment
- Expediting and Purchase Order (PO) follow-up including confirmations and updating information in the ERP system
- Issuing production paperwork to the floor
- Working with Accounts Payable to match freight costs to POs
- Working with receiving to ensure all necessary information is provided (e.g. POs)
- Assisting with inventory counts and data entry
- Working on special projects as required
- Post-secondary education from a recognized institution is preferred (e.g.: business management).
- 1-2 years of previous purchasing experience would be an asset
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to develop positive working relationships with vendors and coworkers
- Good computer skills including experience with Microsoft Office (including Outlook, Word, and Excel)
- Strong working knowledge with ERP systems, preferably Microsoft Dynamics AX
- Previous experience in the composites industry is a definite asset, although on-the-job training will be provided
This is a full-time salaried position located in ZCL Composites plant at 6907 36th Street in Edmonton, AB. This position is ideal for a candidate who is looking for a challenging career with the opportunity for advancement within the company.
To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to us, making sure to state the job title in the subject line of your email. Applications will be accepted until Sunday, October 6, 2013. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please visit www.zcl.com for more information about our company and our products.
ZCL is an equal opportunity employer