ZCL is North America’s leading manufacturer of Fiberglass Reinforced Plastic (FRP) storage solutions for the petroleum, water, and industrial corrosion industries. We pride ourselves on creating high quality, environmentally safe products for the storage of fuel, water, chemicals, and other hazardous liquids.
ZCL is currently recruiting for a temporary General Labourer / 5S Labourer in our UST Plant in Edmonton. If you are a motivated worker that wants to be treated well and be part of a team – ZCL Composites is looking for you!
- Assisting with 5S activities including hanging airlines, painting and assembling carts
- Assisting with projects including pipefitting, renovating, carpentry and construction
- Navigating around equipment and production employees to fulfill duties
- Assisting with general facility cleanup
- Other duties as required
- Grade 12 diploma is preferred
- Good understanding of the English language including verbal, written, and reading skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with others and work as part of a team
- Ability to take direction and to work independently
- Experience operating a genie lift would be an asset
- Comfortable working in a plant environment
- Ability to work at heights and within confined spaces when required
- Ability to work variable hours including shift work
- Previous construction experience would be an asset
- Previous lean manufacturing / 5S experience would be an asset
- Successful candidates will be required to supply their own steel-toed safety boots
- Successful candidates should note that public transportation is limited
- Physical capabilities include bending, crouching, kneeling, and the ability to stand for extended periods of time
This is a full-time salaried position located in ZCL’s UST Plant at 6907 – 36th Street in Edmonton. This position is ideal for a candidate who is looking for a challenging career in a fast-paced environment with the opportunity for advancement within the company.
To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to us, making sure to state the job title in the subject line of your email. There is an immediate opening for this position and applications will be reviewed as they are received. Applications will be accepted until Sunday, September 22, 2013. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please visit www.zcl.com for more information about our company and our products
ZCL is an equal opportunity employer