ZCL is North America’s leading manufacturer of Fiberglass Reinforced Plastic (FRP) storage solutions for the petroleum, water, and industrial corrosion industries. We pride ourselves on creating high quality, environmentally safe products for the storage and handling of fuel, water, chemicals, and other hazardous liquids.
ZCL is currently recruiting for full-time Fibreglass Sprayers at our Underground Storage Tank (UST) plant in Edmonton. If you are a motivated worker that wants to be treated well and be part of a team – ZCL Composites is looking for you!
Fibreglass Sprayers are responsible for producing Fibreglass Reinforced Plastic (FRP) components by using a chopper gun to create fiberglass shells in a rotating mold. Responsibilities include:
- Applying material by use of chopper guns or by hand according to established procedures, drawings, and specifications.
- Ensuring material is properly distributed in accordance with specifications.
- Inspecting laminate surface for defects, imperfections, foreign materials, or other items.
- Extracting shells from the mold according to established procedures.
- Operating material application equipment and tools proficiently and making sure they are clean and in good working order.
- Working with quality control to inspect/check laminate thickness and make corrections as necessary, before final material application.
- Understanding the use of resin, glass, catalyst, mold preparation, mold release, filament winding and related materials and making adjustments for changing conditions.
- Charting material usage and variance to Company standards.
- Operating all hand tools, power tools, material handling equipment and machinery proficiently and according to Company safety standards.
- Other activities as required to support the production process.
- Grade 12 diploma or equivalent. Suitable experience may be considered in lieu of the education requirement.
- Previous experience in a manufacturing or industrial environment is preferred.
- Previous experience with a spray gun is a definite asset.
- Strong attention to detail in order to spot material and product defects.
- Good understanding of the English language including verbal, written, and reading skills.
- Strong work ethic and the ability to communicate effectively with others and work as part of a team.
- Knowledge of ZCL’s manufacturing process and products is an asset.
- Comfortable working in a plant environment with the ability to work variable hours including shift work.
- Ability to work within confined spaces.
- Ability to read and follow blueprints and drawings is an asset.
- Successful candidates will be required to supply their own steel-toed safety boots.
- Successful candidates should have their own transportation as public transportation is not available.
- Physical capabilities include bending, crouching, kneeling, and the ability to stand for extended periods of time. Successful candidates must also be able to maintain balance while working on a catwalk, and must have a steady hand in order to apply product smoothly and evenly.
This is a full-time hourly position located in ZCL’s Underground Storage Tank (UST) plant at 6907 – 36th Street. To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to us or fax it to 780-466-6126, making sure to state the job title in the subject line of your email/fax. Applications will be accepted until Sunday, September 29, 2013. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Salary is commensurate with experience and a group benefits package is available including RRSP matching. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please visit www.zcl.com for more information about our company and our products.
ZCL is an equal opportunity employer