ZCL is North America’s leading manufacturer of Fibreglass Reinforced Plastic (FRP) storage solutions for the petroleum, water, and industrial corrosion industries. We pride ourselves on creating high quality, environmentally safe products for the storage and handling of fuel, water, chemicals, and other hazardous liquids.
ZCL is currently recruiting for full-time field service crew members based out of our Corrosion plant in Edmonton. If you are a motivated worker that wants to be treated well and be part of a team – ZCL Composites is looking for you!
Field service crew members are responsible for travelling to customer sites to perform repairs and maintenance on ZCL’s fibreglass storage solutions including fibreglass tanks and dual laminate components. Customer sites are located throughout Western Canada and include chemical facilities, pulp & paper mills, and oil & gas sites. Specific responsibilities include:
- Cutting and preparing composite materials (e.g. Fibreglass Reinforced Plastic (FRP)) to fix and/or maintain tanks, pipes, and fittings
- Creating and/or repairing flanges in accordance with RTP-1 requirements
- Reading blueprints and/or reports to determine the extent of the work required including the size of the area to be prepped and the amount of material required
- Working with a certified bonder or laminator to ensure precise or complex procedures are understood and followed in accordance with RTP-1 requirements
- Working in a safe manner at all times consistent with company policies and procedures
- Performing other tasks as directed by the lead hand or foreman
- Grade 12 diploma is preferred
- Good understanding of the English language including verbal, written, and reading skills
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints
- Ability to use hand and power tools (grinders, cutters, etc.) to measure and cut composite material
- Ability to communicate effectively with others and work as part of a team
- Good problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to deal with difficult situations
- Valid driver’s license is required; WHMIS, TDG, and First Aid training is an asset
- Ability to travel and work out of town for extended periods of time is required. Travel is mainly concentrated in Alberta but may also include travel to other provinces. Ability to travel to and work in the United States is an asset.
- Previous fibreglass (FRP) experience is preferred, but on-the-job training will be provided. ZCL also provides all the necessary safety training and ensures all the procedures are reviewed and updated according to OSHA and OSSA standards.
- This position may involve working in chemical or treatment plants with strong odors and climate conditions (e.g. temperature, lighting, etc.)
- Physical capabilities include working in confined spaces, bending, crouching, kneeling, and the ability to stand for extended periods of time
- A company vehicle is provided for travel to and from customer sites
- Due to the safety sensitive nature of this position, successful candidates will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug and alcohol test prior to their start date. Additional pre-access testing will be required in order to gain entry to various customer sites. Negative drug and alcohol test results are a requirement of field service crew member position.
- Due to the physical requirements of this position, successful candidates will be required to undergo a pre-employment health screening as a condition of their employment.
This is a permanent full-time position in ZCL’s Corrosion division with a home base location of 3608 – 69th Ave in Edmonton.
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to jobs @ zcl.com, making sure to state the job title in the subject line of your email. Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
Salary is commensurate with experience ranging from $16.01 - $20.47 and a group benefits package is available including RRSP matching. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please visit www.zcl.com for more information about our company and our products.
ZCL is an equal opportunity employer