Reporting to the manager, IT, the Desktop Support Analyst will provide first and second line technical support to internal staff. The successful candidate will require an aptitude for working with applications/systems to undertake analysis, diagnosis and resolution of staff problems, which may range from straightforward to more complicated technical issues.
- Receiving, logging and managing calls from internal staff via telephone and email.
- Maintaining an Asset Database and track changes in the help desk ticketing system.
- Monitoring and reporting on hardware, software and network resources to ensure a high level of performance, security and integrity.
- 1st and 2nd line support - troubleshooting of IT related problems from in-house software to hardware, such as Blackberrys, Laptops, PCs and Printers.
- Troubleshoot basic network issues such as ADSL broadband issues.
- Escalate unresolved calls to the infrastructure support team.
- Manage the Help Desk ticketing system.
- Promote a professional Help Desk image and sells the value of the Help Desk.
- Take ownership of user problems and follow up the status of problems on behalf of the user and communicate progress in a timely manner via the help desk ticketing system.
- Maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all service management principles.
- Provide basic in-house training in MS Office applications used within the Association (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Provide stats for the weekly Service Desk report on call trends.
- Publishing support documentation to assist staff with requests for information & provide staff training if required in the SharePoint document portal.
- Basic Active Directory knowledge. Creating user accounts, reset passwords, create groups etc.
- Blackberry account management and provision.
- May hold Industry Certifications such as A+, MCP, MCDST, and will have graduated from a recognized post-secondary program such as NAIT, Grant MacEwan.
- Minimum two years of related experience in help desk support environment.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to maintain a friendly, professional relationship a with end clients.
- Able to troubleshoot desktop related technical issues.
- Excellent knowledge of Windows 7.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office.
- An understanding of email clients and email systems.
- Knowledge of automated software deployment methods, and strong PC Hardware knowledge and skills.
- Strong team player with a positive attitude and professional integrity.
- The ability to lift/carry/move weights up to 50lbs.
- Ability to stand, stoop, bend and kneel within small quarters.
This is a full-time salaried position in our ZCL Head Office in Edmonton, Alberta (1420 Parsons Road SW). When applying for the position, please add the titile in the subject line. Salary is commensurate with experience and a group benefits package is available including RRSP matching. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please visit www.zcl.com for more information about our company and our products.
Indeed - 4 months ago