ZCL is North America’s leading manufacturer of Fiberglass Reinforced Plastic (FRP) storage solutions for the petroleum, water, and industrial corrosion industries. We pride ourselves on creating high quality, environmentally safe products for the storage and handling of fuel, water, chemicals, and other hazardous liquids.
ZCL is currently recruiting for an experienced Customer Service Assistant in Edmonton, AB. If you are a motivated worker that wants to be treated well and be part of a team – ZCL Composites is looking for you!
Reporting to the Supervisor, Customer Service Canada, the Customer Service Assistant is responsible for coordinating all aspects of customer purchases from estimates to production to final delivery. This position is located at the plant level and will have direct interaction with production and shipping functions. Responsibilities include:
- Ensuring efficient delivery of ZCL products and services through strong product knowledge and superior customer service
- Working collaboratively with customer service, operations, and warehouse employees to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of tank shipments
- Setting-up customer deliveries and communicating lead times to customers and sales representatives
- Coordinating shipping activities daily with the Plant Manager or designate
- Responding to customer inquiries in a timely manner regarding freight quotes, delivery, quality, specifications, and installation problems
- Troubleshooting problems regarding customer orders; working closely with operations to resolve shipping problems and urgent tank deliveries
- Tracking the status of orders and updating backlog and ship date reports on a daily basis
- Maintaining the shipping schedule for the Edmonton UST plant; ensuring the schedule aligns with available plant resources
- Preparing and assigning work order/shipping packages including Bills of Lading (BOLs)
- Making freight arrangements with trucking lines according to shipping needs including the coordination of special requirements for oversized tanks (e.g. over size, over length)
- Working closely with internal groups and departments including sales, engineering, production, and shipping/receiving to ensure seamless coordination of customer orders
- Maintaining accurate customer order files including purchase order information, drawing approvals, customer correspondence, production information, warranty packages and freight details
- Coordinating smaller shipments from the warehouse (e.g. couriers)
- Assisting the receiving function as required
- Completing special projects/tasks as required
- Grade 12 diploma or equivalent. Preference will be given to candidates with post-secondary education or courses with an administrative or technical focus
- Minimum 2-3 years of sales/customer service experience combined with technical knowledge from related industries (e.g. manufacturing, oil & gas)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and a pleasant phone manner
- A good understanding of production processes including knowledge of production lifecycles
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to develop positive working relationships with customers and coworkers
- Knowledge of ZCL’s manufacturing process & products would be an asset
This is a full-time salaried position located in the ZCL Flex Plant at 6907 36th Street in Edmonton. This position is ideal for a candidate who is looking for a challenging career with the opportunity for advancement within the company.
To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to us, making sure to state the job title in the subject line of your email. Applications will be accepted until Sunday, October 6, 2013. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please visit www.zcl.com for more information about our company and our products
ZCL is an equal opportunity employer
Indeed - 5 months ago
Established in 1987, ZCL COMPOSITES INC. has grown to become North America’s leading designer, manufacturer and supplier of...