ZCL is North America’s leading manufacturer of Fiberglass Reinforced Plastic (FRP) storage solutions for the petroleum, water, and industrial corrosion industries. We pride ourselves on creating high quality, environmentally safe products for the storage and handling of fuel, water, chemicals, and other hazardous liquids.
ZCL is currently recruiting a full-time Mobile Crane Operator in our Underground Storage Tank (UST) plant in Edmonton. If you are a motivated worker that wants to be treated well and be part of a team – ZCL Composites is looking for you!
The Mobile Crane Operator is responsible for the safe operation of all lifting equipment for moving tanks, shipping finished product, and maintaining and organizing the shipping yard area. Responsibilities include:
- Organizing loads and shipping tanks and accessories.
- Calculating crane capacity and performing rigging calculations for 20 ton crane (Grove RT 58D).
- Determining load weights through sources such as bills of lading, stamped weights, engineered drawings and previous lift history.
- Stabilizing the crane before the lift.
- Loading and unloading components for transport.
- Performing pre-operational checks and regular inspections, including slings, shackles, and lifting chains. Coordinating the disposal and replacement of defective equipment as required.
- Performing minor crane maintenance.
- Ensuring work areas and equipment are clean and free of safety hazards on a continual basis.
- Maintaining records, log books, annual certifications, etc.
- Communicating with shipping companies and drivers to coordinate and load shipments.
- Storing tanks in the yard and maintaining the tank tracking system.
- Assisting with month end inventory counts.
- Providing supervision and support to an apprentice crane operator in accordance with Alberta apprenticeship requirements.
- Additional duties as required.
- Grade 12 diploma or equivalent. Suitable experience may be considered in lieu of the education requirement.
- Alberta or Inter-provincial Mobile Crane Trades ticket is required.
- Experience and knowledge of forklift and crane operations.
- Experience with a zoom boom, knuckle boom and scissor lift would be an asset.
- Good understanding of Occupational Health and Safety legislation regarding crane operations.
- Class 1 License and Air Brakes would be an asset.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Mathematical ability.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Excellent visual and depth perception.
- Team player with the ability to develop positive working relationships both internally and externally.
- Strong work ethic.
- Knowledge of ZCL’s manufacturing process and products is an asset.
- Valid certificate from an approved crane and rigging safety course would be an asset.
This is a full time hourly position with a work schedule of Monday through Friday during business hours. The position is located in ZCL’s Underground Storage Tank (UST) plant at 6907 – 36th Street. To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to us or fax it to 780-466-6126, making sure to state the job title in the subject line of your email/fax.
Applications will be accepted until Sunday, May 5, 2013. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please visit www.zcl.com for more information about our company and our products.
ZCL is an equal opportunity employer
Established in 1987, ZCL COMPOSITES INC. has grown to become North America’s leading designer, manufacturer and supplier of...