ZCL is North America’s leading manufacturer of Fiberglass Reinforced Plastic (FRP) storage solutions for the petroleum, water, and industrial corrosion industries. We pride ourselves on creating high quality, environmentally safe products for the storage and handling of fuel, water, chemicals, and other hazardous liquids.
ZCL is currently recruiting for full-time Assemblers at our Corrosion plant in Edmonton. If you are a motivated worker that wants to be treated well and be part of a team – ZCL Composites is looking for you!
Assemblers are responsible for joining Fibreglass Reinforced Plastic (FRP) components by using a hand lay-up process. Responsibilities include:
- Operating machines and equipment or using hand tools to cut, shape, splice and fit plastic materials to form parts and assemblies
- Following blueprints and drawings to join shell halves together using a hand lay-up process
- Installing fittings, gauge plates, manways and other components and accessories
- Cutting and preparing composite materials from patterns to join parts and assemblies
- Making minor adjustments or repairs to products
- Using equipment to complete job duties including grinder, trimmer, measuring tools and rollers
- Periodically inspecting work to ensure compliance with Company quality standards
- Documenting information on process sheets and time cards in an accurate and timely manner
- Maintaining a neat and tidy work area
- Other activities as required to support the production process
- Grade 12 diploma or equivalent. Suitable experience may be considered in lieu of the education requirement.
- Previous experience in a manufacturing or industrial environment is preferred.
- Previous experience with a spray gun is a definite asset.
- Strong attention to detail in order to spot material and product defects.
- Good understanding of the English language including verbal, written, and reading skills.
- Strong work ethic and the ability to communicate effectively with others and work as part of a team.
- Knowledge of ZCL’s manufacturing process and products are an asset.
- Comfortable working in a plant environment with the ability to work variable hours including shift work.
- Ability to read and follow blueprints and drawings is an asset.
- Successful candidates will be required to supply their own steel-toed safety boots.
- Successful candidates should have their own transportation as public transportation is not available.
- Physical capabilities include bending, crouching, kneeling, and the ability to stand for extended periods of time. Successful candidates must also be able to maintain balance while working on a catwalk, and must have a steady hand in order to apply product smoothly and evenly.
What We Offer:
- Competitive Wages
- Group benefits Package
- RRSP matching
- On-the-job training
This is a full-time hourly position located in ZCL’s Corrosion plant at 3608 69 St in Edmonton, AB. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please visit www.zcl.com for more information about our company and our products.
Please apply at www.zcljobs.com
ZCL is an equal opportunity employer