ZAG is developing new and innovative products that help alleviate stress, anxiety and pain in an all-natural way. We are looking for a VP of Government Affairs to create and maintain relationships on the hill. Join an inspired group of revolutionary thinkers who are focussed on one thing: bring plants back to the people and improve human health by creating peace and happiness in other people’s lives. With unbelievable earning potential, this game changing role will be key to our continued rapid growth. Think you have what it takes? If so, we want to hear from you!
ZAG is a high-growth, high energy company of big thinkers and big doers. We're long-range innovators who see where markets are going and create new product categories that become the next wave. Through our expanding international network of sales and distribution, we're building a team to take massive new products to the global market.
At ZAG, our purpose is "...innovating to enhance the way people experience and enjoy their lives." An entrepreneurial and privately held business, we run multiple business units and brands ranging from natural pharmaceuticals to beverages.
- Develop and maintain relationships with a wide number of members of the US political and regulatory system, as well as the herbal supplement and pharmaceutical industries
- Develop and implement an effective national strategy to defend the legality of our plants
- Work with all regulatory bodies in the US and support international regulatory affairs to create change
- Leverage historical science and science we develop to support the safety and value of our products
- Enlist key resources of credibility with significant track records in developing innovative ideas
- Develop progressive, legislative framework that support the continual, profitable sale of our products by working with state regulatory affairs
- Establish industry allies including regulators and associations
- Work with lobby firms and industry trade associations in D.C. to build advocates
- Partner with public affairs firms to create high level strategic framing for positioning of our products and to support our mission of bringing plants back to the people
- Identify non related associations who have members that would benefit from our products and engage them to allow us to successfully leverage the adoption of our ideas
- Create and manage tactical execution of our consumer brand strategy across all points of contact, including events, experience, market launches and media outlets
- Develop highly engaging and effective materials for trade marketing to support sales sampling and store level excitement
- Experience working with communications/public relations firms in order to effectively
- convey the merits of a particular product and/or to change the public's perception of it
- Exceptional working knowledge of project management practices; significant
- experience leading large, technical, multi-disciplinary teams in a strictly regulated environment
- Strong understanding of American framework under DSHEA
- Experience building confidence and regulatory framework through leading initiatives to validate the safety of products
- Proven ability to lead strategically long-term plan vision and goal-set using the ability to look around corners to anticipate future opportunities or problems
- Be able to plan and understand budgetary responsibility including ROI conversions and P&L
- Has worked in a business that has grown at least 100% year after year for a significant amount of time
- 10-20 years legal experience in the United States
- Occasional travel throughout the U.S. to coordinate efforts to keep our plant products legal as well as to meet with our management team and board
- Experience in creating a category of products
- Practical knowledge of the Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act of 1994, as well as the global framework for natural products regulation in the EU, South America, US and Asia
- Experience in establishing industry allies, i.e. regulators natural product trade associations and ingredient supplier associations.
- Previous experience in leading strategy with federal and state legislators to develop and structure law to the benefit of employer.
- Able and willing to travel to Vancouver, British Columbia
- Familiar with organizations that are self-funded and where working capital is limited with financial challenges and/or issues
- Has worked with an entrepreneur leader for a significant amount of time
In this role you will be a part of the senior executive group, a key decision maker and stakeholder of the business. Your actions, activity, vision, and drive will directly relate to the success of the business and so will your compensation. This will include a generous base pay, bonus program, lucrative upside profit and incentive plan including options. Generous benefit package which includes, medical, dental, health care coverage, additional support services, and additional vacation.
You will also be included in other organizational benefits, sabbatical, educational policy, and other fun staff events.
To apply for this position please visit our website at:
Please include a cover letter with the top 3 reasons why you are the ideal candidate for this position.
Thank you for your interest in joining ZAG; due to the volume of resumes we receive only those being seriously considered will be contacted.