It is not every day you get invited to explore a role where the actions you take and your leadership truly has the potential to change the way the world works. In this role, you will take on the formation and advancement of what will come to be known as a global force for the revolution of health care and save millions of lives.
The Perception Medicine Foundation is an organization dedicated to the advancement of knowledge, science, and the practical application of how the human mind, and specifically the perception of a person's way of being in the world, directly relates to the genesis, advancement, regression and remission in the course of disease.
Building on the deep work of fields of mind body medicine, psychoneuroimmunology, and various practical logic driven and credible sciences, we directly fund and advance knowledge in this field. Working with leading researchers, we seek out, develop, define and execute various experiments that establish new ways of linking and utilizing, leading thinking and new ideas to directly improve the human condition.
In addition to funding traditional research, we also explore linkages with more esoteric and less quantifiable sciences, taking a divergent encompassing approach to any treatment or understand modality that offers reliable and credible indication of merit.
The final component of our mandate is to propagate the knowledge and truth that how we think is a direct correlation with how our body functions. We seek out creative, high value, impactful, viewpoint changing projects in diverse media that propagate this meme and enlighten the world to a deeper truth.
Working with our Entrepreneur/ Philanthropist / Founder (www.linkedin.com/in/stevecurtis) you will build upon an initial grant and develop the organization to become notable, self sustaining and impactful on a global basis.
You will collaborate to develop 1, 3 and 5 year strategic plans and be the driving force that reaches out to develop engagement from world class resources including board members, organizations, researchers, donors and corporations.
Reporting to the Board of Directors in your role as Executive Director (ED), you will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for Perception Medicine staff, programs, expansion and execution of its mission. You will initially develop deep knowledge of field, core programs, operations, and business plans.
You will work with a team of researchers to evaluate and offer scientific grants and awards, to leading thinkers and develop a technology road map that progresses our core conclusions.
You will also take the lead on developing our media strategy, personally interact with press and media in traditional and online environments, to either share our message directly or to book our founder to share his message.
Adventurous -- You just can't say no to an epic adventure. You are ambitious, results oriented, love challenges and love rewards. You love charting the unknown and are not afraid to sometimes be wrong or get lost along the way. You have experience working with high driving entrepreneurs or research leads or have been in this position yourself.
Courageous -- You have a deep sense of confidence that allows you to handle big challenges and a fast moving pace with out being phased. You are highly adaptable and love change and are willing to go out on a limb in the interests of advancing science and making a mark on the world. Generally you don't give a damn what people think as long as you know what you are doing is right. You are willing to put yourself out there on a global stage.
Intelligent -- You are quick at almost everything. You are good with people but also have a unique ability to summarize science and information for your own purposes or for the translation for the benefit of others. You are great at making complex things simple and can move and adapt to any circumstance.
Charismatic -- You have a way with people. They like you, want to be around you, and when you ask them to do things, they say yes. Not just your friends and family but people from all walks of life. You are comfortable presenting in front of small and large groups, doing media interviews, and engaging the commitment of celebrities, leading researchers and high net worth individuals to our cause.
Purposeful - You are deeply passionate about the difference you make in the world. You care about human health and about advancing and propagating truth in the world. You have deep convictions about overcoming a media and system of disinformation and dis-empowerment that prevents individuals from realizing their true potential to live happier, healthier lives.
Leadership & Management:
- Ensure ongoing local programmatic excellence, rigorous program evaluation, and consistent quality of finance and administration, fundraising, communications, and systems; recommend timelines and resources needed to achieve the strategic goals
- Actively engage and energize our volunteers, board members, event committees, alumni, partnering organizations and funders
- Develop, maintain, and support a strong Board of Directors: serve as ex-officio of each committee, seek and build board involvement with strategic direction for both ongoing local operations as well as for the national rollout
- Lead, coach, develop, and retain Perception Medicine's staff ensuring effective systems to track scaling progress, and regularly evaluate program components, so as to measure successes that can be effectively communicated to the board, funders and other constituents
Fundraising & Communications:
- Expand local revenue generating and fundraising activities to support existing program operations and regional expansion while simultaneously retiring building debt
- Deepen and refine all aspects of communications--from web presence to external relations with the goal of creating a stronger brand
- Use external presence and relationships to identify and close new opportunities
- Developing opportunities to put PMF on the global stage and increase awareness
Planning & New Business:
- Design the national expansion and complete the strategic business planning process for the program expansion into new markets
- Begin to build partnerships in new markets, establishing relationships with the funders and political and community leaders at each expansion site
- Be an external local and national presence that publishes and communicates program results with an emphasis on the successes of the local program as a model for regional and national replication
The ED will be thoroughly committed to the Perception Medicine mission. All candidates should have proven leadership, coaching and relationship management experience. Concrete demonstrable experience and other qualifications include:
- Advanced degree, ideally an MD, MBA or Medical related MSc, with at least 10 years of senior management experience; track record of effectively leading and regionally and/or nationally scaling a performance - and outcomes - based organization and staff; ability to point to specific examples of having developed and operationalized strategies that have taken an organization to the next stage of growth
- Significant technical and scientific experience and depth in the field of mind body medicine or Psychoneuroimmunology
- Unwavering commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach staff, manage, and develop high-performance teams, set and achieve strategic objectives and manage a budget
- Previous experience in startup / formative stage environments
- Past success working with a Board of Directors with the ability to cultivate existing board member relationships
- Strong marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable and innovative approach to business planning
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
- Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven and self-directed
The right candidate for this role can name their price. The role will have a generous base salary with an entrepreneurial bonus program that will reward on the advancement of our mission. A quality benefits program will also be included with this role along with other perks.
To apply for this position please visit our website at:
Click on "Careers"
Please include a cover letter with the top 3 reasons why you are the ideal candidate for this position.
Thank you for your interest in joining ZAG; due to the volume of resumes we receive only those being seriously considered will be contacted.
KEYWORDS: CPG, natural, beverage, charity, foundation, not-for-profit, director, giving