Are you a natural born leader, who thrives under pressure, aims high and delivers higher? Do you have a gift at connecting brilliantly successful thought leaders to the right audience? At refining an inspiring message to hit a chord and move a generation? Do you thrive in an environment where people work together every day to set and achieve massive goals? Do you aspire to be part of a team that takes a stand for good in the world, and makes a real, visible and measurable impact?
If you answered yes to all of these, we have the role for you.
ZAG is a high-growth, high energy company of big thinkers and big doers. We're long-range innovators who see where markets are going and create new product categories that become the next wave. Through our expanding international network of sales and distribution, we're building a team to take massive new innovation into the global marketplace.
At ZAG, our purpose is “...innovating to enhance the way people experience and enjoy their lives”. An entrepreneurial and privately held business, we run multiple business units and brands ranging from natural pharmaceuticals to beverages.
A subset of our greater Public Relations opportunities at ZAG you will be responsible for driving the propagation of ZAG ethos, experiences and inspirations of our leader in the world to make a measurable, positive impact. The stories you tell and promote will encourage others to find us, become interested and join our mission as customers, partners, staff, and voters taking a stand for our vision in the world.
Creative – You are highly creative in your approach. You understand how PR is used to shape and define reality itself and are not afraid to aim for creating something different and really big. You are wicked smart; you can come up with a creative angle to make anything sizzle. The bigger the challenge the more fun you have.
Influential – Your business acumen is obvious to everyone who meets you. You are compelling, inspiring, and have a way of making people like you and enlisting them to your cause. Friends or enemies, you have a way of telling stories that compel people to connect which bring even your strongest opponents over to your side.
Organized – You are highly organized detail oriented, accountable and can create and manage plans that come in on time and on budget. You are great at scenario planning, and are good with what if’ and plan b’s. You can communicate clearly and concisely to a wide variety of audiences, making complex, detailed, data driven, projects simple.
Relentless – You set your mind on a result and accomplish it no matter the resistance you encounter. In your language “No” is just the boundary where everyone less intelligent and resourceful gives up. The one thing you have a hard time with is walking away from a challenge. Your previous employers and co-workers describe you as a person who “when they say it gets done, it gets done.” You are also remarkable at assimilating complex information quickly and are brilliant at asking poignant questions.
Strategic – You have tattered copies of Propaganda, Sun Tzu and Rules for Radicals on your bookshelf and you understand what order’s 5 forces are and how to use them. You have a remarkable ability to jump between 100ft and 30,000ft and can play in a place of possibility but also see the brass tax reality of the situation. You are particularly good at managing your emotions and can tell when surrendering or fighting offers the best value for upside. You know how to use the law to help support advantage and to keep people honest.
Some of the things you will talk about:
- Rapid growth: 30-130 staff on internal funding in less than a year – this is actually really rare
- Corporate performance that blows away competitors and leads in Canada (and the US)
- Wicked corporate culture with lots of unique elements, ways of doing business and fun stories
- Revolutionary products that help people heal from amazing things
- Features on cool leaders who join our company
- A company taking a stand against oppressive policy to liberate people and plants
- Awesome events, parties and super cool fun
- ZAG HeartBeats – our 1% of revenue giving program (yes, that’s a lot of money) that all of our staff participate in
- Meeting with, connecting with, and receiving support form world leaders
- One of Canada’s youngest, most successful leaders
- Started 10+ companies before he was 30
- Creative, heartfelt business approach
- Crazy innovator with all kinds of cool projects on the go
- Diagnosed with terminal cancer, assembled world class experts and learned to cure it without any conventional treatment
- Wrote a book about how others can do it…really…he’s got it and people need to know
- Epic adventures, such as Everest and Space Skydive to support charity and our mission
- Numerous non-profit projects to promote
- Work with VP Marketing and VP PR to develop manage and grow ZAG and CEO’s brand DNA
- Lead and manage social media on all channels –directly or work through service providers. Inspire others to see, interact and integrate with our message
- Set up, run and drive engagement with the ZAG and Steve Curtis blog, including managing content creation, editing and posting
- Find awards to win and move the spotlight to us
- Set up notable speaking gigs for ZAG CEO, executives, staff in notable places like We day, TEDx, TED, Awesomeness Fest, PechaKucha, conferences, tradeshows, political events, etc.
- Work with editors of Steve’s book (editor of Dalai Lama’s last two books) to build out a book team, select publicist, agent, publisher and other key components of success
- Lead book to global notoriety and top of Globe and Mail and New York Times best sellers list
- Leverage your connections and the connections of our team to reach out and make contact with key supporters and partners that will team up to help us grow and endorse our work such as: Eckhart Tolle, Deepak Chopra, Anthony Robbins, Andrew Weil, Richard Branson, Michelle Obama, and various other celebrities and thought leaders
- Setting up and arranging formalized endorsement deals with celebrities
- Direct outreach to various media channels, local, national, international, print, digital, and TV
- Working with mix media documentary, movie and reality show teams to create and execute projects that tell ZAG stories and bring people along with us for the ride.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Off the chart high energy, engaging, inspiring, positive can-do anything attitude
- Wicked smart structured thinker that can organize and detail complex project plans though to completion as required
- 10+ years in PR with national agencies
- Track record of generating big buzz for consumer product brands
- Entrepreneur or senior leadership references that say you are resourceful, a great leader and that you MAKE things happen
- Incredible ability to make anything sizzle and (successfully!) get uptake on ideas and stories
- Wicked track record of getting big names on board with your cause and behind your mission
- Impressive portfolio of national and international media wins
- Network of journalists, broadcasters, editors, bloggers, insiders and influencers
- Previous experience booking speaking gigs
- A powerful network of connectors that can and do open doors for you
- A plus: Worked in (or are super-interested in) health and wellness, natural products, or pharmaceuticals… come to the light side.
- Oh yeah… a HEART that beats so big to make a difference in the world, you can hear it three blocks away.
WHY YOU WANT TO WORK WITH US:
If you don’t know by now, stop reading and go to the next posting.
Compensation You tell us. If you’re great, we want you! Tell us how much you need and we will make it happen. Just for good measure we will throw in all the benefits and perks and a wicked bonus plan that allows you to hit a home run along with us. Seriously, if you are good at what you do, it will be an out of the park home run.
To apply for this position please visit our website at:
Please include a cover letter with the top 3 reasons why you are the ideal candidate for this position.
Thank you for your interest in joining ZAG; due to the volume of resumes we receive only those being seriously considered will be contacted.