Brand Manager (Lead FMCG/CPG) - Beverage brand growing 100%+ per year
Does the idea launching and driving new North American brands of neutraceutical products and lead the marketing mix excite you?
Do you have at least 3-5 years' experience in consumer packaged goods?
Do you thrive in nimble, make it happen, entrepreneur environments?
If this is you--we'd like to talk with you about this "would-never-happen-in-Toronto" role.
ZAG is a high-growth, high energy company of big thinkers and big doers. We're long-range innovators who see where markets are going and create new product categories that become the next wave. Through our expanding international network of sales and distribution, we're building a team to take massive new products to the global market.
At ZAG, our purpose is "...innovating to enhance the way people experience and enjoy their lives". An entrepreneurial and privately held business, we run multiple business units and brands ranging from natural pharmaceuticals to beverages which sell internationally.
After 10 years of success, ZAG Group is poised to revolutionize the beverage industry with the introduction of a number of highly innovative products in some very large markets. With 75% growth three years in a row, our plans include the raising of significant growth capital, tripling of staff count and expanding our global reach. Our plan to rapidly develop our brands, grow revenue and reach past 100M, and eventually, sell one or more of our brands for a high exit value.
We are currently searching for a highly talented, driven and experienced Brand Manager to be a key part of this extremely challenging and lucrative opportunity. You will join a talented and experienced executive team and take up responsibility for the revenue targets of the organization.
This role offers an opportunity to have significant leadership, ownership and influence over an explosive brand and to be a part of the upside (options plan will be part of the compensation) in a company that is rapidly growing.
- Act as "market manager champion" and use your superior market knowledge to interface between key internal departments (marketing, sales, finance, distribution) and customers;
- Create and manage programming calendar with assessment of results by period including event marketing, sales promotions, seasonal tactics and media programs;
- Create and manage tactical execution of consumer brand strategy across all points of contact, including events, experience, market launch and media
- Develop highly engaging and effective materials for trade marketing to support sales, sampling and store level excitement
- Gather and manage all market data relating to direct and indirect competitors, driving brand health and SKU growth in creative and powerful ways
- Ensure the most compelling and competitive market by offering and refining the marketing mix, market tactics and supporting sales tactics
- Manage relationships with contracts and channel partners and third party suppliers in multiple markets
- Manage lean budgets virtual teams and cross functional teams;
- Manage pricing strategy
- Seize opportunities to increase awareness, demand and revenue
- Work collaboratively with the Director and Sales Managers in developing tactical plans
- Highly skilled communicator who is comfortable developing briefing, presentations and business plans;
- Exceptional presentation and leadership skills
- Knowledge of systems and processes to manage a brand moving through active growth;
- Exceptional at working on and managing guerrilla budget ensuring that all that is spend is measured;
- Great with analytics and getting insights from systems data;
- You offer a well establish network to build team as we grow and expand;
- You are a highly innovative systems thinker;
- You are a driver who makes things happen and can create buzz and stimulate interest in a product;
- You are extremely efficient with the Internet and a software applications;
- Exceptional understanding of Internet marketing campaigns and can manage and select vendors;
- You understand what our sales reps and brokers need and you know how to get it to them when they need it;
- You have a very strong understanding of both marketing theory
- University degree with a focus in Marketing or Communications-MBA preferred.
- 3-5 years of proven track record of managing brands in FMCG ideally in the beverage and or natural product space;
- Deep promotions, advertising and trade channels support experience;
- Success in launching new brands or significantly expanding brand quickly on a results oriented budget;
- Recent USA market experience;
- Internet marketing or design experience is considered an asset
This position offers a generous base salary .You will also be provided options in our company and full medical and dental.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for this position please visit our website at www.zagglobal.com and click on the Join us tab. Please include a cover letter with the top reasons you are the ideal candidate for this position.
Indeed - 4 months ago