YWCA Hamilton Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
It is what you make it
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON13 November 2017
First off, the organization is great, the Y it self is a great it helps a lot of people that are struggling or need a helping hand or a pathway that can help them succeed in there own way and that . is a very great thing, every job has there time when is great and fun. But it has run its course .

Use to be a fun work environment amazing staff that was family including supervisor. loved going to work, was excited to get there. Organization struggled with management issues, this created a staffing problem, wasn't handle properly, snowballed into losing a lot of amazing staff, the "higher up's" became very shady, was like some kind of mind game. it became exhausting, emotional, personally, mentally.
was hard to separate feelings from professionalism. hated coming into work, dreaded it, would rather stare at a wall then go to work. would rather watch and stare at my phone going from 100% to 0% then go to work.had work schedules change on a moments notice. had new staff that never knew how to do their job (new staff changed constantly ) this means you constantly are training new staff.so you had to babysit them along with doing your job for the day... (weeks, months). this isn't a joke honestly WEEKS AND MONTHS you were constantly training but this has calmed down some. ( but i dont got time for that) . was in trouble for the slightest mistakes

most enjoyable part of the job you ask???
leaving and going home

Hardest part of the job???
actually leaving home and showing up to work, never knew what you were going to have to put up with.

im helping you from a giant
  more... head ache

If you need a job badly keep searching indeed and scroll away theres better options. PLEASE KEEP LOOKING... PLEASSEEE
YWCA Hamilton
HUMAN RESOURCES GENERALIST (CONTRACT) (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON22 May 2017
Great place to work. Limited growth potential for professionals. There are opportunities to grow if you are a front line worker and wish to progress in your field.
Great work environment
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON19 November 2016
Productive and fun work place, i learn new and more efficient ways to help our community and the women in it
We offer lots of great programs to help the women and children
Wonderful work environment
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON16 August 2016
Easy environment with wonderful co-workers. Interesting and ever changing workplace with varied interests. Management does not look over your shoulders and has confidence in the staff.
Great Experience
Human Resources Intern (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON26 September 2014
I really learned a lot during my placement. The management was great!
Productive and fun at workplace
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON10 July 2014
Learning new skills and implementing my transferable skills . Very supportive co-workers . I like my job and this organisation too.