Founded in 2002, Yummy Market specializes in a broad selection of European foods including hot prepared meals and well as fresh-baked breads, buns, cakes and pastries.
We are currently looking for the following position at our Dufferin/Maple location:
The Frozen/Fresh Supervisor/Manager at Yummy Market Inc provides assistance by working closely with all Frozen/Dairy associates in an effort to ensure an enjoyable shopping experience is consistently delivered, all company policies and procedures are being followed, department goals and objectives are being obtained, and associates’ needs are being met. Contributes to store sales and profitability by effectively managing all aspects of department operations, to include but not limited to: labor, expenses, accurate pricing, stock levels, merchandising, and customer service.
- Performs tasks and effectively leads the Frozen/Fresh Department
- Leads, coaches and reinforces company culture, customer service, and performance expectations to all Frozen/Fresh associates.
- Trains new Frozen/Fresh associates, and re-train and coaches as necessary
- Documents violations of company policies/procedures by Frozen/Fresh associates and conducts appropriate corrective action.
- Answers questions and provides guidance to all Frozen/Fresh department associates
- Has a strong desire to grow his/her leadership skills and actively pursues ways to become a better servant leader
- Ensures all department standards are being met in the Frozen/Fresh department.
- Observes sales floor and back stock conditions; takes action to correct areas of opportunity
- Maintains appropriate inventory levels and ensures accurate pricing on products received and sold
- Provides customer service to guests.
- Assists guests with finding items they are looking for
- Takes orders and other special requests
- Addresses guest concerns and resolves issues when a guest is not satisfied with the service or product received
- Assists all department associates with daily responsibilities while leading by example.
- Contributes to overall cleanliness of the department by picking up, organizing, and cleaning work areas, shelving, and sales floor as needed.
- Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with guests and associates.
- Good oral and written communication skills and the ability to handle a diverse crew in a stressful environment.
- Thorough understanding of all safety requirements and company safety policies, including proper lifting techniques and box cutter safety.
- Ability to use the following equipment: pallet lifter, compactor.
- Minimum 2-3 years experience in Dairy/Frozen supervisory position.
- Standing for extended periods of time.
- Lifting up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Frequent exposure to extreme temperatures.
- The work schedule will primarily include afternoons, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
All interested applicants please submit your resume for immediate consideration along with salary expectation
Indeed - 11 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Yummy Market was founded by a young European family in 2002 to fill a need for the growing number of Europeans living in the area, as well...