Founded in 2002, Yummy Market specializes in a broad selection of European foods including hot prepared meals and well as fresh-baked breads, buns, cakes and pastries.
We are currently looking for the following position at our Maple location:
DELI CLERK - PT Mon-Fri (3/4-close) and Sun (Open to close)
The Deli Clerks are responsible for preparing, slicing, wrapping, weighing, pricing, and merchandising the store’s deli products. Deli products include deli meats, cheeses, salads, sandwiches, dips, gourmet and hot case items. The Deli Clerks inform customers about our deli products and services and help increase sales by recommending additional items to customers.
- High school education or equivalent
- Prior deli clerk experience is preferred, prior 2 years grocery experience is preferred
- Ability to be able to lift 30 pounds
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers
- Ability to prioritize work tasks, multi-task and maintain focus
- Accepts and offers feedback and suggestions openly and respectfully
- Excellent customer service skills both in-person and via telephone
- Ability to do light prep work
- Maintains safe work environment according to provincial regulations
- Be able to maintain working knowledge of Deli recipes and prepared foods
- Miscellaneous cleaning and stocking
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet business needs
- Ability to handle standing, bending, reaching and scooping frequently
- Takes initiative to identify, report and resolve problems before they escalate
- Must have flexible availability for work
- Ability to speak Russian or other languages is an asset
All interested applicants please submit your resume as soon as possible for immediate consideration
Yummy Market was founded by a young European family in 2002 to fill a need for the growing number of Europeans living in the area, as well...