Founded in 2002, Yummy Market specializes in a broad selection of European foods including hot prepared meals and well as fresh-baked breads, buns, cakes and pastries.
We are currently looking for the following position at our Maple location: Assistant Buyer/ Buyer
The ideal candidate will have experience working in a grocery environment and be familiar with importing and exporting materials into Canada. Candidates will manage inventory, purchased items and the finished goods program. They will also work with supplier on non conformance and quality issues. Develops and maintains product category by gathering and analyzing information for merchandising plans; entering and tracking current information; improving product offerings; maintaining relations with vendors; preparing reports.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate purchasing details with vendor, including pricing revisions, order cancellations, discontinued items, acceptable substitutions, back orders, delivery dates, invoice discrepancies and the like.
- Review quotations specifically pricing, delivery, and quality with supervisor before awarding vendor contract.
- Expedite critical orders.
- Research and develop vendor sources for purchase of items/products/services requisitioned.
- Maintain record/filing system for P.O. and documentation.
- General Office Maintenance
- Work with Buyers to develop product/category knowledge of significant merchandise trends
- Understand departmental/category assortment plan strategy
- Be responsible for item/SKU creation and maintenance as required, input of promotions, and entry of price changes and markdowns
- Prepare and analyze merchandise product performance data to support Buyers in adherence to merchandise calendar activities and timelines
- Work with Planners to develop in-season analysis and review recommendations
- Work with internal and external partners to ensure effective purchase order execution
- Provide day-to-day vendor support
- Create promotional information and execute promotional calendar
- Manage samples process for Marketing and Advertising
- Be accountable for the integrity of product information, such as packaging and product development
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Strong attention to detail; ability to research and resolve discrepancies.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to develop and maintain effective, positive working relationships with a diverse group of individuals at all levels; a team player.
- Strong oral/written communication skills; ability to communicate effectively and professionally at all times.
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills; ability to set priorities, meet deadlines, and be able to meet team objectives.
- Able to work well under pressure.
- Good negotiation and problem solving skills.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- 1 year of buying experience, preferably in grocery retail would be an asset
- Knowledge of procurement, and previous experience with non perishable and perishable products preferred.
- Strong analytical and computer skills, including MS Excel, Word and Outlook; competent to learn other technology as necessary.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, we will train on our inventory system
- Ability to speak Russian is an asset
All interested applicants please submit your resume as soon as possible for immediate consideration.
Indeed - 30+ days ago
Home Outfitters / Déco Découverte
Home Outfitters / Déco Découverte
- 13 days ago
Consumer Package Goods
- 30 days ago
North York, ON
Michael Page International
- 4 days ago
Yummy Market was founded by a young European family in 2002 to fill a need for the growing number of Europeans living in the area, as well...