Yummy Market is currently recruiting Cooks for our location at Major Mackenzie Dr. and Dufferin St.
- Inspect food preparation and serving areas to ensure observance of safe, sanitary food-handling practices
- Turn or stir foods to ensure even cooking.
- Season and cook food according to recipes or personal judgment and experience.
- Observe and test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently, using methods such as tasting, smelling, or piercing them with utensils.
- Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes or personal judgment, using various kitchen utensils and equipment.
- Portion, arrange, and garnish food, and serve food to waiters or patrons.
- Regulate temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, and roasters.
- Substitute for or assist other cooks during emergencies or rush periods.
- Bake, roast, broil, and steam meats, fish, vegetables, and other foods.
- Wash, peel, cut, and seed fruits and vegetables to prepare them for consumption.
- Estimate expected food consumption; then requisition or purchase supplies, or procure food from storage.
- Carve and trim meats such as beef, veal, ham, pork, and lamb for hot or cold service, or for sandwiches.
- Coordinate and supervise work of kitchen staff.
- Consult with supervisory staff to plan menus, taking into consideration factors such as costs and special event needs.
- Butcher and dress animals, fowl, or shellfish, or cut and bone meat prior to cooking.
- Bake breads, rolls, cakes, and pastries.
- Prepare relishes and hors d'oeuvres.
- Keep records and accounts.
- Plan and price menu items.
These are full time and part time permanent opportunities
Compensation Starts at $10.25 per hour.
All interested applicants please submit your resume as soon as possible for immediate consideration
Indeed - 18 months ago
- 7 days ago
- 2 days ago
Part time Line Cooks
- 2 days ago