Yukon Zinc

Yukon Zinc Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and very busy place to work
Geological Technician (Former Employee), YTApril 8, 2014
Pros: comfortable accomodations and gym facilities
Cons: being away from home for two weeks
Underground Geological Assessments done daily
Walking underground for four hours a day, collecting samples, and data.
I learned alto of time management, computer programs, mapping, sampling, planning
Co workers were alot of fun and very helpful and respectful
The hardest part of my job was walking up from underground out of the portal
The most enjoyable – more... part of my job was the end result of the data compilation and the mining direction I gave. – less
New mine
Surface Millwright/Relief Site Service Supervisor (Current Employee), Site ServiceSeptember 9, 2013
It's a good place to work but it is a new mine and it has its issue to work out but over all great place, good people and good food.
camp work
Heavy Equipment Shop Labourer (Current Employee), yukon territoryAugust 22, 2013
Pros: free room and board for 2 weeks only work 6 months of the year but still full time
Cons: no overtime for the long hours, away from home, no recreation
work 12 hour days 14 days in 14 days off work in the shop and various area's around the mine site. Work is good i enjoy my job working on heavy equipment i just feel my wage is not accordant to the work i do.
Mill Operator Level 3 (Former Employee), MillJuly 22, 2013
Pros: experience
Cons: remote
I really enjoyed my time at yukon zinc. it was my first operations position and i look forward to further my experience in the field
Deadly place to work. Inept managent.
Dead employee (Current Employee), YukonJune 19, 2013
Pros: 2 in 2 out shift
Cons: managers are poorly suited to their roles, people die here. there is too much to list, but safety here is only when an inspector is coming.
Lied to during recruitment process about the bonus and learned others were as well.
Safety is a joke, period.
Morale is low due to employee disgust with managers, mostly, causing an extemely high turnover.
Poor management
Millwright (Current Employee), Wolverine Lake Yukon CanadaJanuary 29, 2013
Very hard to get a good days work in without frustration. Lack of parts, and direction.
L'atmosphère de travail est bonne
Caissière (Former Employee), ParisAugust 5, 2014
Pros: gratuité des repas
L'avantage pour moi dans cette entreprise, c'est le travail équitable, la façon dont l'entreprise veille pour le bon fonctionnement de ses employés et les avantages sociaux quelle met en place pour ses employés.

About Yukon Zinc

Yukon Zinc Corporation (Yukon Zinc) is in the business of exploration and development of its mineral properties in the Yukon Territory, – Read more