YRC Reimer Employee Reviews in Canada

Non-repetitive work, poor management
Forklift Operator/ Dock Worker (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 2, 2016
Days go by fast, when there is work. Non-repatitive work. Management is poor. If you have low seniority you are treated as unimportant. Money is more valuable than a well skilled employee. When the work load is low, you are "laid off daily depending on the work. Even though it is unionized. This results in a possible 4 days a week of no work. Mondays are always busy. Overtime is good, when there is work to be done. The hardest part of the job is unloading more "difficult frieght", but for the most part you get used to it. The enjoyable part is the days go by quick. Co-workers are relatively nice and are willing to help.
Pros
Non-repetitive work
Cons
Poor management
YRC Reimer
OSD/N BOUND CUSTOMS / Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 2, 2015
Excellent Terminal Staff to work with - easy to get along with and communicate with to resolve issues with . Ok Company.

Forever changing in respect to customers requests.
Pros
Good working experience.
Cons
Short staffed.
Overall Summary
Truck Driver Class 1 (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMarch 2, 2015
Great place to work, everyone is easy going and makes it a great place to work at. keeping the same runs allowed us to make good contacts with the customers that we had regularly and were able to establish friendships through that also.
great place to work and enjoyed it.
Pros
different/relaxed environment
Cons
terrible pay
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 13, 2014
Great place to work , learned a lot while working there

Moved on to learn a different set of skills
Enjoyable workplace
Freight Handler (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBNovember 7, 2012
I enjoy working at YRC but due to my status at part time my hours have been cut back. A normal day consists of unloading trailers and cleaning the dock, this job as taught me a lot about working as a team.
Pros
co workers
Cons
cuts on hours
Fun in doing the job as it aims to bring added income to the company.
Freight Inspector (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 24, 2012
When it is so busy. I learned that freight transportation is a good business to invest with. Time management is always essential. My co-workers were mostly guys as I was working in a dock. The hardest part of the job is when you miss a big freight due to shift issues. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you hit your goal or more.
Pros
yearly salary increases
Cons
working in extreme weather conditions