YRC Reimer Employee Reviews

Very Good
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB20 May 2017
Very Good working Environment, Boss is great, Great Compensation, Happy, No other words to tell, Good colleauges, relax, worth the pay and very convenient peace!
lack of direction, leadership and incompetent dispatching
Transport Vehicle Driver (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 August 2016
Head office in Buffalo micro manages and do not let the manager develop a business plan that would make a complete sense of what is happening and organization. they hire incompetent dispatcher and manager that have no idea how thing works in the trucking world. I say the only thing that this company does is teach us how to be a circus clown with all the right training
Don't Offer a job only to revoke It the next day
Manifest Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 July 2016
Got a Job Offer from this company yesterday, only to find out today that they were revoking it. This is not cool when I was going to resign another company to work for them. Luckily my gut told me yesterday not to resign yet. Aside from the fact that their indecisiveness almost cost me another job, it's cruel to offer someone a job only to revoke the job offer the next day, especially in this economy.
Cons
Indecisive
Big Company
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB29 May 2016
Through out the day it was always busy. It was great to work there until the new management took over. My co-workers were great. The hardest part of the job was not knowing if we would still have a job the following day. management played favorites to the point of everyone seeing it.
Pros
Potlucks
Cons
|Constant fear of not having a job
Fast pace
Terminal Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 April 2016
It is a fast pace environment, ensuring freight comes into the terminal on time and get delivered without delay. I have learned lots of new skills in the LTL freight business.
Non-repetitive work, poor management
Forklift Operator/ Dock Worker (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 February 2016
Days go by fast, when there is work. Non-repatitive work. Management is poor. If you have low seniority you are treated as unimportant. Money is more valuable than a well skilled employee. When the work load is low, you are "laid off daily depending on the work. Even though it is unionized. This results in a possible 4 days a week of no work. Mondays are always busy. Overtime is good, when there is work to be done. The hardest part of the job is unloading more "difficult frieght", but for the most part you get used to it. The enjoyable part is the days go by quick. Co-workers are relatively nice and are willing to help.
Pros
Non-repetitive work
Cons
Poor management
YRC Reimer
OSD/N BOUND CUSTOMS / Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 May 2015
Excellent Terminal Staff to work with - easy to get along with and communicate with to resolve issues with . Ok Company.

Forever changing in respect to customers requests.
Pros
Good working experience.
Cons
Short staffed.
Overall Summary
Truck Driver Class 1 (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB2 March 2015
Great place to work, everyone is easy going and makes it a great place to work at. keeping the same runs allowed us to make good contacts with the customers that we had regularly and were able to establish friendships through that also.
great place to work and enjoyed it.
Pros
Different/Relaxed Environment
Cons
Terrible Pay
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 September 2014
Great place to work , learned a lot while working there

Moved on to learn a different set of skills
Enjoyable workplace
Freight Handler (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB7 November 2012
I enjoy working at YRC but due to my status at part time my hours have been cut back. A normal day consists of unloading trailers and cleaning the dock, this job as taught me a lot about working as a team.
Pros
co workers
Cons
cuts on hours
Fun in doing the job as it aims to bring added income to the company.
Freight Inspector (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 July 2012
When it is so busy. I learned that freight transportation is a good business to invest with. Time management is always essential. My co-workers were mostly guys as I was working in a dock. The hardest part of the job is when you miss a big freight due to shift issues. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you hit your goal or more.
Pros
yearly salary increases
Cons
working in extreme weather conditions