Do you have a desire to serve Christ through encouraging young mothers? Do you believe in the hope and potential of youth in our city? If so, please consider an opportunity to join our team at Youth Unlimited/Youth for Christ. We currently have openings at Stepping Stones, our program for pregnant and parenting youth in Edmonton. Through one-on-one mentoring and group programming, Stepping Stones provides caring relationships, support services and community building. For more information, please visit www.stepping-stones.ca
As a Support Worker, your responsibilities will be:
- Provide one-on-one mentoring and support services to young mothers.
- Program Planning: assist in the development, planning, and coordinating of support groups and life skills programs. Lead/teach programs as necessary.
- Transport clients to and from one-on-one’s and group programs
- Financial stewardship. Seek out partnerships and maintain communication with a network of partners.
- A personal commitment to the Lordship of Jesus Christ. Adherence without reservation to the Statement of Faith of Youth for Christ.
- Post Secondary Education in a related field (Social Work, Counseling, Missions, etc). Equivalent training and experience will be considered.
- Desire to participate in professional and spiritual development opportunities.
- Must have a Class 5 driver’s license. Must either own your own vehicle that is equipped for the use of a child’s car seat or be over the age of 25 to be eligible to drive the company vehicle.
- Must complete a Criminal Record Check.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to Meagan Kelly, Assistant Director. Please indicate how you heard about this position. Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you!