Youth Opportunities Unlimited Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Administrative and Resource Support (Current Employee) –  London, ONSeptember 9, 2016
Youth Opportunities is a friendly, caring place where all are treated with respect. We provide youth with support and resources they need to achieve their goals. YOU is helping youth with employment, education and basic needs. I am over 21 years with the company and love being here, I will retired in two years and looking for a casual employment.
Fun environment. Good entry level opportunity. No advancement.
Employment Specialist (Former Employee) –  London, ONSeptember 29, 2015
I had a lot of fun working for this organization, but after a few years when career goals start to take precedence, they become a very undesirable organization that does little to appreciate their employees. The trend seems consistent throughout, as everyone who has been there has thoroughly enjoyed being there, but with what seems to be an average 2-3 year retention rate, it's clear there's no reason to stay beyond the experience.

Compared to other organizations doing the same work, they pay quite poorly by a 10-15k per year difference.

If advancement opportunities arise, they do not look to hire from within. This is a great place to work for the opportunity you'd like to apply for, and nothing more. At the very least, you will enjoy your time there. It just won't be for long.
Pros
Fun staff; fun clientele; consistent hours; good work/life balance
Cons
Absolutely terrible pay when compared to the rest of the employment industry, A conscious desire to hire from without for advancement opportunities
enjoyable with nice people
Recycler (Former Employee) –  London, ONJuly 18, 2016
I learned how to bail, use a pump truck, shipping and receiving, recycle, tie off bails,co workers are amazing so is the management, most enjoyable thing is seeing everyone
Pros
had a bbq lunch
Cons
have to work with recycling but in the end all good
great job and help you look for a job
Environmental Service Worker (Current Employee) –  London, ONJuly 19, 2016
they help you find a job and until you have one you work at a recycling plant. I learned how to act and proper skills you need when looking for a job. This also gives experience.
Pros
they help you find a job
Very productive and fun environment
TRANSITIONAL SERVICES - SUMMER REC STUDENT (Former Employee) –  London, ONApril 1, 2016
I had a great time working with a different group of youth in a different environment that I am use to. But it was great meeting the staff and youth that access the Youth Action Center.

I learned a lot and working here allowed me to decide on what I want to do after I graduate.
Pros
Breaks and Lunch
Cons
Helping the youth of tomorrow, today.
Assistant Superintendent (Current Employee) –  London, ONDecember 3, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my job is to help the youth in the building find themselves, and get them in a comfortable, safe environment.
Pros
Living where I work.
Cons
Living where I work
na
Sales Supervisor - Fulltime Contract (Current Employee) –  London, ONJanuary 6, 2014
Monday to Friday• Sales and Marketing for 4 major departments
• Mentoring 6-8 youth in a retail setting in 13 to 16 week program
• Public speaking/ Promoting in the community, public presentations
• Product design and development
• Wholesale to outside businesses, creating new sales streams and multi tasking
• Development of marketing plans for divisions in sales and youth development
• Administration, schedules, payroll, budgets , community networking
Fun place
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, ONAugust 2, 2012
Being a non profit organization and working with disadvantaged youth, I found this job to be an eye opener for me. Financially it was a hard place to work and therefore I chose to leave. I loved the atmosphere, the people, the values and all it stood for.
Pros
easy going atmosphere
Cons
low wages
Good work environment
Customer Service/Cook (Former Employee) –  London, ONFebruary 14, 2013
Working on the fry end was one of the hardest part of the job because sometimes their wouldnt be any room to move around
Pros
free meal after shifts
Cons
washing the dishes
Recycling Worker (Former Employee) –  London, ONMay 16, 2014
good coworkers and managers, great place to work,some dangerous, pretty easy.