Youth Opportunities Unlimited is seeking qualified candidates for the recurring occasional position of Workshop Facilitator reporting to the Manager, Career Services. This position is responsible for delivering a variety of employment preparation workshops. The workshops focus on areas such as: career exploration, lifestyle/GED/literacy/numeracy, job search skills, workplace safety, interview skills, resume basics, communication, goal setting, job maintenance, financial literacy and career research. The workshop facilitator arranges all related workshop activities such as preparation of workshop materials, room bookings, coordination of community partners and coordination of work experience/work simulation. Qualified candidates possess a proven ability to teach and mentor youth, possess exceptional communication and leadership skills, work well in a fast paced and dynamic environment and hold values that match our corporate values of being client centered, quality driven, fun, community focused and operating with integrity. The need for this recurring occasional position is based on meeting a minimum number of youth participants for each 3 week session; requiring 35 hours per week for the three weeks. It is expected that the demand for this program will be high and the programs will run back-to-back but this is not guaranteed. If the demand for the program is consistently high this may evolve into a full time position.
- Deliver a variety of employment preparation workshops
- Prepare reports and gather statistical information
- Coordinate community partners to serve as guest speakers
- Provide a positive, supportive and dynamic learning environment
- Follow up with participants who do not meet expectations and/or find themselves in crisis; establish a follow up plan to address issues
- Relevant university or college degree
- 3-5 years of experience facilitating workshops
- Proven ability to teach and mentor barriered at-risk youth
- Experience preparing reports and gathering statistical information
- Experience liaising with community agencies in a professional manner
- Program management experience is an asset
- Bilingual (French and English) language skills are an asset
- Knowledge of Microsoft Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Proven ability to work under pressure and time constraints
- Access to a vehicle is an asset
Applications must be received no later than 12 noon on December 21, 2012
Applications should be submitted in PDF or MS Word format as one document
We thank all applicants however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Youth Opportunities Unlimited is an equal opportunity employer that values the richness of a diverse environment.
Youth Opportunities Unlimited is a non-profit youth employment agency that has been serving young people in London and Middlesex since 1982....