Youth Opportunities Unlimited is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Summer Jobs Assistant reporting to the Student Services Facilitator. This position is responsible for assisting with a variety of tasks related to running the Summer Jobs Service (SJS) and Summer Jobs for Youth (SJFY) programs. Qualified candidates possess a proven ability to teach and mentor youth, possess exceptional communication and leadership skills, work well in a fast paced and dynamic environment and hold values that match our corporate values of being client centered, quality driven, fun, community focused, and operating with integrity. The position would be a contract position for up to a maximum of 16 weeks from early May to the end of August.
- Assist with recruiting and screening youth and employers for our summer programs
- Deliver a variety of employment preparation and transition workshops (e.g. on resumes, employability skills, job safety)
- Support one-on-one clients with their job search including developing resumes
- Gather and enter statistical information; maintain up-to-date files on youth in programming
- Provide placement support including monitoring on-the-job activities and facilitating problem solving
- Help with project events including orientation, job fair, kick-off, and graduation celebrations
- Provide a positive, supportive, and dynamic learning environment
- Represent YOU in the community where required
- Assist with reception and resource centre coverage when needed
- University or college courses in a relevant field (i.e. psychology, sociology, social work, SSW, CYW programs)
- Experience with teaching and mentoring disadvantaged youth
- Knowledge of Microsoft Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook; experienced in social media
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills; able to problem solve
- Proven ability to work under pressure and time constraints
- Prior facilitation/teaching experience is an asset
- Access to a vehicle is an asset
OTHER ELIGIBILITY: In order to meet Canada Summer Jobs eligibility requirements, qualified candidates must:
- Be between the ages of 15 and 30 years of age;
- Have been registered as a full-time student in the previous academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year;
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident or have official refugee protection status under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (foreign students are not eligible); and
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada, according to relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations.
Applications must be received no later than:
Please submit a resume and cover letter to: 12 noon on Thursday May 2, 2013
Carly Beneteau, Student Services Facilitator
141 Dundas Street, Second Floor, London, ON, N6A 1G3
Applications should be submitted in PDF or MS Word format as one document. Please quote the name of the posting in the email title.
We thank all applications however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Youth Opportunities Unlimited is an equal opportunity employer than values the richness of a diverse environment.
Indeed - 7 months ago