YourLink (a subsidiary of Vecima Networks Inc.) is a provider of Telecommunications including Cable TV, Telephone, Cable Internet & High-speed Internet solutions.
YourLink is seeking an Installer / Technician with a passion for customer service, excellent communication skills and a positive attitude who is able to operate effectively in a dynamic, high energy environment in order to bring the best possible services to our newest customers.
*Duties to include:
(but not limited to)*
- Perform high quality installations of Telephone, cable TV, analog & digital, as well as high speed cable internet in homes, multiple dwelling units, and commercial units
- Perform service calls and use appropriate troubleshooting techniques to correctly identify and resolve any performance or operational problems
- Maintain telephone, cable and Internet service and do additions, repairs and modifications as needed
- Follow established safety, engineering and operational processes and guidelines in all installation and maintenance activities
- Drive various distances to customer’s homes in the municipalities, surrounding towns and rural areas
- Maintain and service company vehicle on a regular basis
- Maintain and care for all issued tools, equipment and components
- Complete proper paper or electronic documentation of a technical or administrative nature for ALL work orders and assigned tasks and report back to the technical supervisor with any issues or problems that are encountered
- Demonstrate and sell Your Link products and services while delivering an exceptional customer experience
- Various other duties as needed
- Class 5 B.C. Driver License
- Strong Customer Sales and Service Skills
- Availability to be called out on emergency outages and / or after hour service calls
- Physically able to perform all aspects of the job including climbing ladders and towers, carrying ladders, moving desks & entertainment units, and working in tight areas such as attics and crawl spaces
- Ability to work safely and independently of others in all conditions – indoor and outdoor
- Working knowledge of Internet Modems and Cable Digital boxes
- Strong background in Windows and Macintosh environments
- Positive customer interactions and experience, including patience with customers
We offer an entrepreneurial environment with a short chain of command, rapid response to problems and ideas. Our aim is to grow our business dramatically over the next few years.
Vecima Networks Inc. has a competitive compensation and benefits package, and strives to provide a challenging work environment that can foster skill development and personal career growth for all employees.
Criminal Background Checks will be required upon accepting employment with YourLink Inc. YourLink will reimburse the full amount upon acceptance of the Criminal Background Check.
If you are looking for a challenging career move as an Installer/Technician, we want to hear from you! To apply, please direct your cover letter and resume, including salary expectations, to the contact below.
Applicants are requested to forward the following information with their application:
- Salary expectations
- Marks (for recent graduates)
We would like to thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.