Your Neighbourhood Credit Union Employee Reviews in Canada

Think twice
Employee (Current Employee) –  OntarioFebruary 23, 2016
The leadership team of this company is very poor and operates from a position of control, centralization of decision making and self-interest. This company fails to embrace the values normally associated with success in the 21st century: customer service, a focus on excellence, empowerment of employees and rapid decision making.

The compensation levels are above industry average and the job demands are below industry average. This company attracts and retains mediocrity and rewards obedience. I do not recommend this company to honest, ambitious individuals looking to build a career.
Pros
low expectations
Cons
lack of advancement, empowerment or any decision making
Professional and positive work culture
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Corporate Office, Kitchener, OntarioDecember 12, 2014
The management and my co-workers form a positive work culture - backstabbing and negativity do not exist. The company doesn't just talk about work-life balance, they live it. The company runs employee contests throughout the year. They provide professional training in your area if you require it. There is also an opportunity to earn a bonus every year. I'm glad that I work here.
Pros
yearly bonus, excellent work-life balance, ethical management, excellent ceo
Cons
nothing really comes to mind
Growing and Developing Credit Union
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Mitchell, ONJuly 24, 2015
Growing credit union with changing and evolving values. Must be able to be aggressive in sales. Able to multi-task by running branch, service member appointments, provide support to front line staff, make cold calls, underwrite loans and meet with members who walk in.
Pros
Willing to look at people who have blemishes on credit history
Cons
Not enough capital to assume risk
The nicest group of people that I have ever worked with
Sr. Oracle DBA Consultant (Current Employee) –  Kitchener OntarioMay 14, 2014
Setup Oracle environment for new banking platform
I learned that you when a company treats employees with trust and respect, the employee is more productive, more willing to take initiatives and work hard to earn that trust.
Coworkers are the nicest group of people to work with. Just like any other work place, the people define the environment.
The hardest part of the job is to ensure that I exceed expectation but it is also the easy part because I wanted to do it.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the people that surrounded me, who give me the space to think freely to find the best solution for the task at hand
A freindly environment
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Union, ONNovember 14, 2014
Great place to work and learn and grow with members. All aspects of a bank but community owned.
Great coworkers
Member Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ONFebruary 7, 2013
The Front line staff are wonderful and very supportive. I love working with the members and helping them with their day to day transactions.

4.2