YOUNG DRIVERS OF CANADA Employee Reviews

Nice meeting new people
Driving Instructor (Current Employee) –  Ottawa East, ON27 March 2017
The most rewarding part of my job is when my students pass their test (G1 or G2). I'm just as happy as they are. Fun talking to get to know new people
Good work while you are looking for something better
Scheduling Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 January 2017
My time at Young driver of Canada was memorable and educational. I was a scheduler there and even though I did not have a lot of experience. They were able to train me and give me chances to get comfortable and learn. For that I am grateful because the job was difficult in the sense that you are on the phone constantly. Speaking to clients that are usually unhappy or frustrated. You also need to be quick on the computer in order to be ready for the next call and keep your tasks up to date and organized.

Unfortunately, their office moved to Woodbridge so I could not continue there due to commuting issues. The pay is ok however there is hardly any room for advancement in the business. The manager and assistant mangers are relatively young and there is only two assistant mangers and one main manager in the office. So you are looking at staying in your position for a few years once you start working there. You get benefits after 3 months and the work is pretty routine. You just have to get use to dealing with clients that can be agitated and frustrated.

The working environment was pleasant enough. Everyone was kind to me and helpful. The manager was understanding too. You just have to show them that you care about your job and the clients you are assisting.

Overall, I enjoyed my time there however if you are looking for a job where you are dealing with pleasant clients, and you like being rewarded for your efforts and dream for promotion anytime soon, then this is probably not a job you'd want.
Pros
Good, hard working, understanding job evironment
Cons
No opportunity for adavancement.
Can have long hours and wears on your car
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON13 October 2016
Days start around 9am and can go to 8pm. you can have a hour or 2 off in the middle of the day and be busy from 3pm to 8pm. Can have long hours and wears on your car.
One of the worst experiences in 25 plus years of working
TRAINING OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON21 December 2015
This organization in Ottawa does not march to the corporate curriculum.They schedule lessons 15 minutes apart with no regards whatsoever for their driver/student safety.The owner runs the company from Florida and schedules gruelling schedules with little or no regard for driver fatigue.They do not pay you for the gap in time between students(travelling time) .They will charm you in the beginning and slowly manipulate your schedule to the point of sheer exhaustion.
Pros
Students are fantastic for the most part
Young Drivers
In class Driving Instructor (Current Employee) –  St. John's NL9 December 2014
A fantastic place to work! Surrounding by fantastic peope who are more then willing to help you learn and grow!

They care about all employees very much!
a fast paced environment with ability to achieve professional goals
Senior Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC4 November 2013
Booked student schedules and road tests...Learned the fine art of customer service and the ability to pro-actively solve problems
Great learning experience
In-Car & Classroom Driving Instructor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON16 September 2013
-Taught classroom driving theory in three of the school’s six locations, as well as at Colonel Bi high school as part of an eight week Driver’s Education program.
-Presented Ministry of Transportation approved curriculums.
-Used visual and kinesthetic demonstrations in order to teach students how to develop pro-active and safe driving habits.
-Led students on group discussions about safe driving, adverse road conditions and the handling of emergencies.
-Coached and corrected students on the various exercises and assignments to be done in the classroom and in their workbooks.
-Wrote easy-to-read pamphlets for students in order to help them develop better visual skills, space cushioning habits, and techniques for communication with other road users.
-Crafted props and other visual aids for demonstration purposes.
-Graded theory tests, and signed-off on student workbooks once all assignments were completed.
-Collected payments, and issued receipts to clients.
-Made photocopies of students’ licenses for office use, and provided students with photocopies of their registrations.
-Performing general upkeep of the classroom(s). Organizing paperwork and prepping the room for upcoming sessions, vacuuming and sweeping the floors, wiping down of work desks and taking out the garbage, etc.
-Aided in the setting-up of new classroom locations. This included painting, moving and assembly of furniture, and other classroom equipment. This also included the hooking-up of computers, projectors, speakers, etc.
Pros
Meeting interesting people.
Cons
No enough hours
taught driving
Driving Instructor (Former Employee) –  Young, SK6 July 2013
I would pick up students at school and take them for their driving lessons...
Pros
I worked on my own schedule
Cons
At the mercy of younger people who taught they knew it all...
Great work environment
Office Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  toronto12 November 2012
Great people to work with and losts of potential for work experience.
Very positive work environment. Most professional Instructor Training available world wide.
Owner/Director (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON5 November 2012
At Young Drivers you interact with many skilled workers, office, sales, instruction while dealing with the public. Each client has a new story, special need or custom desire.
I streeched my public relations skills, public presentation skills and learned the pitfalls of advertising. I took on a community leadership role with appointments to Community Boards such as Credit Unions and Crimestoppers.
The hardest part of the job was accepting that an employee could not or would not follow policies, procedures and professional standards. Terminating employees is not a pleasant task.
The most enjoyable part of this position was sharing with my peers at National and regional conventions and competitions. Young Drivers, at the time, conducted annual Young Driver's Rallies with up to 20 participants, all under 25, demonstrating their skills.
Pros
incredible support, internally and nationally
Cons
shoud pay better
Excellent Work Environment
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  May, ON31 August 2012
Young Drivers of Canada was an excellent work environment making a real difference in people's lives.
My co-workers were excellent. Every day was fun and an adventure.