Full Time Construction Project Coordinator
We are seeking a self-motivated individual to join our dynamic team. The Construction Project Coordinator is an integral member of a reputable developer’s project team responsible for delivering a luxury residential building development project in Windsor Park, Edmonton. The Construction Project Coordinator is responsible for directing, organizing and controlling project activities, under the direction of the Project Manager & Project Director.
- Act as a developer’s site representative who shall be fully acquainted with the building construction work, and to assist the developer’s Project Manager in relation to all duties and responsibilities of the developer under a building construction contract for luxury residential development in Windsor Park, Edmonton;
- Attend site meetings and assist with the determination of project requirements;
- Track the progress and quality of work being performed by the consultants/contractors;
- Use project scheduling and control tools to monitor projects plans, work hours, budgets and expenditures;
- Effectively and accurately communicate relevant project information to the project team;
- Ensure the project’s needs are met in a timely and cost effective manner;
- Review field inspection reports from consultants/contractors throughout the lifecycle of the project;
- Assist the Project Manager in the review of contractors’ quotations to ensure that only fair and reasonable pricing is recommended for approval;
- Track & manage contemplated change notices and change orders in the database;
- Assist in preparation of substantial completion certificates and ensure all required project close out documents are obtained;
- Communicate ideas for improving company processes with a positive and constructive attitude;
- Keep the Project Manager and other project team members informed about project status and issues that may impact on time and costs;
- Coordinate the activities and work on site with the contractors and consultants;
- Coordinate with the contractors and consultants in assuming overall responsibility for compliance with the applicable health and construction safety legislation at the construction site;
- Take all reasonable precautions to avoid labour disputes or other disputes on the project arising from the works at the construction site;
- Coordinate with the consultants on the review and return shop drawings in accordance with the schedule agreed upon, or, in the absence of such schedule, with reasonable promptness so as to cause no delay in the performance of work.
- Degree/Diploma in Architectural Sciences, Civil Engineering or Project/Construction Management;
- 0-2 years of experience supporting Project Managers in the delivery of development projects;
- Proficient in MS Project and/or Primavera and the MS Office Suite of products;
- Knowledge of the building development/redevelopment industry;
- Familiarity with construction methods and the building codes;
- Effective communication skills including verbal, written and presentation skills;
- Proven ability to work effectively both independently and in a team based environment;
- Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities; and
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills.
Please send your cover letter and resume with salary expectations.
Indeed - 5 months ago