York University Employee Reviews in Canada

Reading and translating documents from one language to another
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 29, 2015
A typical day at work will include a lot of reading and translating document from English to French

Answering calls and taking note if required

Organizing and filling different documents

Scheduling appointments for the professor as well as greeting students and other people coming to see her
Annual Fund Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 28, 2015
Good environment and friendly co-workers

York university cares about the treatment of their students and staff!

Much recommended place to work
great environment to work
cleaner (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 17, 2015
I enjoyed to work for York Housing Department as the manages is very understandable. I had great experience working there.
Great workplace
Sustainability Assistant in Mobilization (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 3, 2015
Being apart of YorkU's sustainability initiatives and outreach engagement is a very fulfilling position to be in. The work environment is great and everyone in the office was always friendly. The only flaw to the position I was in, is that it was a year contract because I graduated the year after and could not be part of the work study.
• Conducted the examination codes and built up the relationships among teachers and students
Exam Invigilator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 27, 2015
-Conducted the examination codes and built up the personal relationship with students and professors
-Checked students ID and helped them if they have any question
Teaching Assistant
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 20, 2015
The most enjoyable part of this job was connecting with my students and seeing them engage with the course material.The course was an intro to film which meant that the material was not that challenging or riveting, so each week I had to find a creative way to present to my students in order for them to remain interested in the class.
Productive office with undesirable work culture
Finance & Project Assistant (Former Employee) –  North York, ONNovember 18, 2015
I had the opportunity to learn a lot as I was involved in multiple projects/roles. Small team of employees. Always felt like over worked and under staffed. Some colleagues are helpful and friendly. It is the highest office with significant amount of stress at work and politics. Work was plenty and sometimes interesting and challenging. Career growth opportunity within the office is low.
Professional atmosphere
TUTOR (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 10, 2015
Very unstructured office and time frames. The people were professional, but the way the business was run for the graduate students was not.
Great
Vice President External (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 7, 2015
Fantastic organization and academic facility.Working at York and my time as an undergrad I have made great connections with life long mentors and friends.
Fun and stressful
VP of Finance (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 5, 2015
Managing the finance could be challenging sometimes, but with the help from colleagues everything comes much easier. Fun and stressful at the same time.
flexible with supportive management
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 2, 2015
Contingent work with flexibility required for students to balance their work and academic responsibilities. Helps a student grow personally and get an insight into the workplace atmosphere and experience.
Needs to be more forward thinking
Associate Director, Schulich Executive Education (Former Employee) –  Toronto ONOctober 24, 2015
To a degree stuck in an old fashion mindset and needs to be more innovative and forward thinking. Many people with potential but leadership holds them back a bit
Working At York
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Human Rights and Equity StudiesOctober 15, 2015
Working at York University was certainly the most fascinating employment experience I have had. I conducted Research on women's mental health and was able to extend my knowledge of various research methodologies. I learned that knowledge is boundless if I open my mind to explore new ways of knowing. I had excellent collaboration with my co-workers our work extended beyond team to becoming familial. The hardest aspect of my work is triangulating the research through data collection in an effort to integrate the research. Overall I enjoyed every moment and every aspect of the job, it was truly a rewarding experience, which enabled self-discovery.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Travel
It was two days
POLL ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  York UniversityOctober 15, 2015
Normal; nothing really excited. I worked for two days and it wasn't stressful; nice coworkers and the person watching over me was very sweet.
productive and rewarding place to work
Registrarial Assistant Triage Desk (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 21, 2015
September Rush brings a lot of chaos to the Registrarial Services' department. However, through the cooperation of the management team, fellow coworkers and other departments, we were able to work efficiently while still providing one-on-one assistance when needed.
Great working experience in an overall sense
Teacher's Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 19, 2015
Very good salary. Nice and friendly office culture. Good managers.
Balanced Work-Life time allocation. Excellent job facilities.
my summary
Publishing Assistant (Former Employee) –  TorontoSeptember 11, 2015
fun work place with great management and supervisors. Not all about numbers but how well you work with one another is important. follow the safety guidelines and easy to approach with any concerns.
Great Environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Seasonal) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 8, 2015
Amazing Place to work at :) Great Pay, Friendly Environment, Everyone Respect Everyone. Everyone is a helping hand at this place. Love to Serve customers.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Temporary
Great place for advancement
Seasonal Clinical Course Director (Current Employee) –  Toronto, OntarioSeptember 2, 2015
It has been great working in all these companies. They have given me the opportunity to meet a lot of people and to grow professionally
very effective and useful program
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 26, 2015
I recommend York university for master student
Working at York university is very good and with a lot of benefits
All classes were challenging with exceptionally knowledgeable, caring facilitators. The support available from all departments was helpful and sincere. The communication with instructors, classmates, and advisers was exceptional. Sharing of life experiences making lifelong friends around the world expands knowledge and cultural experiences. Great university all around!

4.3