York University Employee Reviews in Canada

Graduate funding opportunity
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 30, 2016
Teaching assistant position were offered to graduate students to subsidize the cost of the year. Overall, a good experience which allowed me to interact with students and help them in times of need.
Very productive and learning environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 18, 2016
Lot of reading and writing as the main task was to translate documents from french to English. Very good experience as it sharpened my English and writing reports. Answering calls, taking messages, replying to some emails, greetings guest to the office.
Pros
Sharpened my english
Cons
Reading and translating documents from one language to another
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 29, 2015
A typical day at work will include a lot of reading and translating document from English to French

Answering calls and taking note if required

Organizing and filling different documents

Scheduling appointments for the professor as well as greeting students and other people coming to see her
a good place to study
international student peer mentor (Former Employee) –  york universityMay 7, 2016
It is a good place to study. I learned a lot in this school. It also lets me meet a lot of new people. I had fun here.
My job duties including communicating with students to help them academically.
Great Expereince
Fundraising Team Member (Current Employee) –  York UniversityApril 3, 2016
I love working here good community and incentives to do your best work. There are great opportunities to advance in the business
Dynamic
ESSA- Board Member and Planner (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 14, 2016
Great for academic growth. They pushed students to apply theoretically taught skills to a real-life circuit. For example, I had to create a legal code to ensure the interest of fall students were met.
Friendly Environment
Information Assistant (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 5, 2016
Great place to work with friendly staff and enjoyable atmosphere. A lot of knowledge gained about university operations.
Interesting position as Teaching Assistant
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Part Time) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 15, 2016
For six years now, I have been working at York Univesity. My duties range from marking copies, leading lectures (on occasions), and preparing tests.
York is a great place!
Undergraduate Course Instructor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 27, 2016
I've been a PhD student mostly during my years at York University. As a student, I've taught many courses. I've always loved my years on campus.
a great place to volunteer
volunteer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 3, 2016
i learned how to communicate ưith other people, to help others, to be more confidence, and to improve my English. It was fun experience for me .
Great workplace
Sustainability Assistant in Mobilization (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 3, 2015
Being apart of YorkU's sustainability initiatives and outreach engagement is a very fulfilling position to be in. The work environment is great and everyone in the office was always friendly. The only flaw to the position I was in, is that it was a year contract because I graduated the year after and could not be part of the work study.
Great experience
Promotions Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 18, 2016
Great and fun place to work. Great team. Great way to make a bit of money during the school year. Made lots of friends, great supervisor.
productive and fun workplace in residence
Residence Life Night Porter (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 31, 2016
-3 hours shifts
-work 9 to 10 times a month
-get homework done during shifts
-work with peers/people you live with
-meet everyone you live with
-keep the residence safe
Teaching Assistant
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 20, 2015
The most enjoyable part of this job was connecting with my students and seeing them engage with the course material.The course was an intro to film which meant that the material was not that challenging or riveting, so each week I had to find a creative way to present to my students in order for them to remain interested in the class.
my summary
Publishing Assistant (Former Employee) –  TorontoSeptember 11, 2015
fun work place with great management and supervisors. Not all about numbers but how well you work with one another is important. follow the safety guidelines and easy to approach with any concerns.
Great opportunity
Co-founder/Coordinator/ Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 8, 2016
I had the chance to learn and meet interesting people. I have the opportunity to work with professors, teachers, and students.
• Conducted the examination codes and built up the relationships among teachers and students
Exam Invigilator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 27, 2015
-Conducted the examination codes and built up the personal relationship with students and professors
-Checked students ID and helped them if they have any question
Annual Fund Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 28, 2015
Good environment and friendly co-workers

York university cares about the treatment of their students and staff!

Much recommended place to work
flexible with supportive management
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 2, 2015
Contingent work with flexibility required for students to balance their work and academic responsibilities. Helps a student grow personally and get an insight into the workplace atmosphere and experience.
Needs to be more forward thinking
Associate Director, Schulich Executive Education (Former Employee) –  Toronto ONOctober 24, 2015
To a degree stuck in an old fashion mindset and needs to be more innovative and forward thinking. Many people with potential but leadership holds them back a bit

4.3