York University Employee Reviews

Productive, Welcoming and Fun
Campus Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 May 2017
Working with York University was a pleasure; I've had 3 jobs with them so far, and all of them were with very understanding and caring employers. They're truly passionate about their jobs and they care about their employees.
Good university
CPA AIM Conference (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 May 2017
As a student, York has given me the experience of the life time. And i am thank full for all the support from staff that has thought there.I would return for more education to this university again if required n future.
Welcoming and intellectual
Health Educator (Former Employee) –  North York, ON3 May 2017
York provides its students with awesome opportunities both inside and outside the classroom – and they love it! Intramural sports, colleges, career support and cool electives help give students the well-rounded, forward-thinking education they need to make them successful in the future.
Productive workplace
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  4700 Keele Street, Toronto, ON1 May 2017
It is a great pleasure working with Dr. Khaled Barkoui. I learned a lot about the L2 assessment and research procedure and feel more confident about the field.
Great place to work, room for progression
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 April 2017
Plenty of job opportunities both at an academic and non-academic level (temporary, contract, union, management).
There is a lot of room for progression and advancement, and many free training courses to build your resume with.
York University Position
Student Equipment Assistant - Men's Football (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 April 2017
Work was straight forward and pay was good. I worked for laundry services, and for various university sports teams. It was a very good setting to be a part of.
Excellent
Administrative Task Force Member (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 April 2017
Great work environment with many opportunity to be involved in different initiatives at a major institution. Generally has amazing benefits and a diverse group of colleagues.
Amazing workplace, very enriching
Night Porter (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 April 2017
Working as a night porter is an amazing opportunity.

You learn the job, and its responsibilities, but you also learn how to be a person that individuals can rely on.

The workplace is a fun, and pleasant place to be.
Pros
Short shifts, good pay
great place
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 April 2017
great academic research being done.... to help insert data for a greater cause which can help implement new polices in our communities all over canada.
Teacher education and training needs
deputy Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 April 2017
How pre-service and continuous professional development practices can contribute in implementation of school curriculum for achieving broader national goals
Cash Floor Coordinator
Cash Floor Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 March 2017
The cash floor coordinator is responsible for the training of bookstore temp staff and must focus on details to prevent losses and errors. Also has signing authority for refunds exchanges, etc.
Pros
Busy day makes the day go by super fast
Cons
standing for extended hours
Family
SIRC (Current Employee) –  North York, ON29 March 2017
The vibe that you get when you work at York University Sport & Recreation is amazing. It is a family and everyone in there wants the best for each other. The management has improved and the staff transition is difficult but overall good experience.
Great place to settle down
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 March 2017
Great long-term place of work with great benefits. Good community and beautiful campus. Co-workers are supportive of your work and encouraging to advances.
Interesting prospects if you are interested in academia
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 March 2017
If you are interested in academia, York is a fantastic place to work. York provides flexible work hours and provides the freedom to fulfill your intellectual desire.
Working with Bethune College at York University
Event Coordinator — Bethune College (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 March 2017
A typical day at work would consist of brainstorming new event ideas by researching new trends and social media expenditure which can be used to advertise our event. This would also require a lot of communication with other departments at York such as other Collages and the undergraduate first year administration department. Setting up meetings, replying to emails and returning calls were all part of a typical day at work.
Love working with my fellow work mates because some of them were also my classmates for many of my courses. This allowed me to make new friends and made work very enjoyable.
dsf
Undergraduate Sessional Lecturer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 March 2017
Good place to work, lots of support and good people. Fair employment practices and equal rights. Average pay and job flexibility - enjoyable experience
Dedicated
Infrastructure Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 March 2017
I am a dedicated, hard worker. I can work independently or in a team environment. I detailed oriented and goes the extra mile to deliver quality work.
Very organized, professional staff
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Book store6 March 2017
I enjoyed the busy environment. Great staff and consideration for your schedule. Clean and well maintained Book store and there is always help around the corner.
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  York University21 February 2017
Great environment and people. Excellent benefits. I am an alumni and have spent a long time at York. I would recommend work at York University. Thank you.
Great flexibility and understanding for student schedules
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 February 2017
Worked at York University as a Research Assistant and was able to work my hours when i was able to and was accommodated for my classes.