York University Employee Reviews in Canada

Excellent work environment, professional and convenient.
Market Research Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 29, 2016
Independent work space. Able to sharpen communication skills and learn how to interview consumers. Very helpful in cultivating interpersonal skills.
I learned a lot here
International Student Peer Mentor (Former Employee) –  York universityJune 8, 2016
I learned a lot here. I met a lot of people here. I not only learned from school, book, professors but also other students.
Productive and interactive fun workplace
Student Ambassador and Mentor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 8, 2016
Work included a 9am-4pm office day, advising incoming first year students via an online community designed for these students, as well as through emails. I developed effective communication and customer skills, necessary for the job position as well as for everyday life.
Effective learning environment
Student Assistant Strength and conditioning coach (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 2, 2016
Supervisor provides an amazing environment conducive to growth and learning. Excellent place to get a taste for the industry
Promotions Staff
Senior Promotions Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 2, 2016
Great supervisor, loved promoted the York Lions. Flexible hours and enthusiastic staff made the job enjoyable and valuable for networking.
Amazing work environment
(TA) Introduction to World Religion Course (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 26, 2016
I learned many new things from York University. The ability to interact with various people on a daily basis helps to develop yourself to your utmost potential.
very good salary for graduate student to cover their tuition
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 22, 2016
Basically just support professor whatever they need about the curriculum. holding office hour is very important and the best way to communicate to your students.
Pros
good salary for part-time job
Leadership Experience
Sculpture Studio Monitor (Former Employee) –  CFA buildingMay 20, 2016
The shift is determined in an overall monitoring of studio and safety guidelines to be followed by students working in their projects.
The use of time management and teamwork in completing tasks on time such as clean up at the end of the shift.
The duties prescribed by the manager are easy to follow and self reliant.
Fellow artists are co-workers and a simple understanding of protocols is met.
To guide students into following the safety guidelines without discouraging their efforts in finishing projects.
To have access to the studio with all their machines, tools and space available.
Pros
Own scheduling and based on class
Cons
Short shifts, few hours per week
Work/Study
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 12, 2016
There never was a typical day at work, none of my shifts were ever the same, but that is the nature of working with technology and printers. I learned a lot about troubleshooting and problem solving as I worked off hours form regular business hours so I did not work with a supervisor present at all times. My co-workers were all pleasant and we worked well together.
Exactly what you'd expect from a university
Teaching/Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 10, 2016
The workplace was fairly relaxed. Plenty of colloquium throughout the week to keep you up to date on what's new in the world of science. You worked when you wanted to or when you were scheduled to teach students, all that mattered was that the work got done on time. There was not much job security; it was a dice toss every four months on whether you'd continue to have a job. Management was easy to deal with and coworkers were very friendly. It was satisfying to come in every day and work on hard science and teach students when scheduled to.
Pros
Good benefits and flexible hours
Cons
low pay and no job security
a good place to study
international student peer mentor (Former Employee) –  york universityMay 7, 2016
It is a good place to study. I learned a lot in this school. It also lets me meet a lot of new people. I had fun here.
My job duties including communicating with students to help them academically.
a great place to volunteer
volunteer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 3, 2016
i learned how to communicate Ζ°ith other people, to help others, to be more confidence, and to improve my English. It was fun experience for me .
Graduate funding opportunity
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 30, 2016
Teaching assistant position were offered to graduate students to subsidize the cost of the year. Overall, a good experience which allowed me to interact with students and help them in times of need.
Very encouraging and motivational
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 25, 2016
There was always something to do on a typical day, no dull moments and a great team to work with. Everyone was productive and helpful. When the results are not as hoped for everyone gave vital recommendations and inputs, which was great.
YorkU Adminstration
Liaison & Database Assistant (Former Employee) –  Faculty of Environmental Studies, Toronto, ONApril 24, 2016
Being part of the administration at York University gives one the opportunity to delve in Academia, and all the wonderful things that happen there, without requiring a PhD.
York prides itself in providing the utmost professional administration and services, and offers great salaries, benefits, and opportunities to advance.
The Place to Learn
STUDENT AMBASSADOR AND MENTOR (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 23, 2016
I will never regret my time at York University, at this institution, I was able to apply what I was learning into the classroom into on set experience while also making an income working an administrative position for the School of Arts, Media, Performance and Design.

A key skill that is required to manage the set work and administrative job is to find a balance in between both where you know you can successfully complete each job with excellence. That is also the hardest part of the job.

Working creative and administrative at the same time, allowed me to have a taste for both spectrums and find a great network of business- savvy and creative people. The typical day is long but never boring and filled with exciting new challenges.
Pros
Constant available staff for inquiries and teaching.
Great experience
Promotions Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 18, 2016
Great and fun place to work. Great team. Great way to make a bit of money during the school year. Made lots of friends, great supervisor.
A very engaging workplace with very ethical people who are very concerned with you personal developement
Annual Fund Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 15, 2016
A great engaging and challenging workplace. Lots of friendly people and great support and help. Very flexible hours and tons of support
Dynamic
ESSA- Board Member and Planner (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 14, 2016
Great for academic growth. They pushed students to apply theoretically taught skills to a real-life circuit. For example, I had to create a legal code to ensure the interest of fall students were met.
Friendly Environment
Information Assistant (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 5, 2016
Great place to work with friendly staff and enjoyable atmosphere. A lot of knowledge gained about university operations.

4.3