York University Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
a great place to volunteer
volunteer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 3, 2016
i learned how to communicate Ζ°ith other people, to help others, to be more confidence, and to improve my English. It was fun experience for me .
Graduate funding opportunity
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 30, 2016
Teaching assistant position were offered to graduate students to subsidize the cost of the year. Overall, a good experience which allowed me to interact with students and help them in times of need.
Very encouraging and motivational
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 25, 2016
There was always something to do on a typical day, no dull moments and a great team to work with. Everyone was productive and helpful. When the results are not as hoped for everyone gave vital recommendations and inputs, which was great.
YorkU Adminstration
Liaison & Database Assistant (Former Employee), Faculty of Environmental Studies, Toronto, ONApril 24, 2016
Being part of the administration at York University gives one the opportunity to delve in Academia, and all the wonderful things that happen there, without requiring a PhD.
York prides itself in providing the utmost professional administration and services, and offers great salaries, benefits, and opportunities to advance.
The Place to Learn
STUDENT AMBASSADOR AND MENTOR (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 23, 2016
Pros: Constant available staff for inquiries and teaching.
Cons: Long hours
I will never regret my time at York University, at this institution, I was able to apply what I was learning into the classroom into on set experience while also making an income working an administrative position for the School of Arts, Media, Performance and Design.

A key skill that is required to manage the set work and administrative job is to find a balance in between both where you know you can successfully complete each job with excellence. That is also the hardest part of the job.

Working creative and administrative at the same time, allowed me to have a taste for both spectrums and find a great network of business- savvy and creative people. The typical day is long but never boring and filled with exciting new challenges.
Great experience
Promotions Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 18, 2016
Great and fun place to work. Great team. Great way to make a bit of money during the school year. Made lots of friends, great supervisor.
A very engaging workplace with very ethical people who are very concerned with you personal developement
Annual Fund Ambassador (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 15, 2016
A great engaging and challenging workplace. Lots of friendly people and great support and help. Very flexible hours and tons of support
Friendly Environment
Information Assistant (Part-time) (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 5, 2016
Great place to work with friendly staff and enjoyable atmosphere. A lot of knowledge gained about university operations.
Productive and friendly place to work
Student Parking Staff (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 4, 2016
Pros: helpful when student
Cons: not well paid
I have been working at York for the last 4 years now and the job is not hard and help you a lot to grow in maturity not only to solve work problems but also towards your life goals.
Great Expereince
Fundraising Team Member (Current Employee), York UniversityApril 3, 2016
I love working here good community and incentives to do your best work. There are great opportunities to advance in the business
York is a great place!
Undergraduate Course Instructor (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 27, 2016
I've been a PhD student mostly during my years at York University. As a student, I've taught many courses. I've always loved my years on campus.
Interesting position as Teaching Assistant
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Part Time) (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 15, 2016
For six years now, I have been working at York Univesity. My duties range from marking copies, leading lectures (on occasions), and preparing tests.
Inclusive, fun environment
Orientation Leader (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 7, 2016
Pros: Fun
Cons: Work hors
Spent a week as an orientation leader welcoming new students to the school. This enhanced my leadership skills and opened my eyes to more inclusive environments. My fellow orientation leaders were very enthusiastic, making my job more enjoyable. The hardest part of this was the hours as many of the events went late (4AM) and started early (8AM). The most enjoyable aspect was that it was fun and rewarding to welcome new students to the university.
York University is a great University, looking out for the future of all it's students
Professional Teaching Placements (Unpaid) (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 3, 2016
The campus is beautiful, and has over 60,000 enrolled annually. The classes were appropriate in time length. If you live in North York, Toronto, or Brampton. It is an easy and accessible place to get to.
The teaching placements were of immense benefit to me as a Student teacher. The administration handled everything very well. I loved my teaching placements with York. Many great mentor teachers were provided.
people were fun to work with
Custodian (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 23, 2016
i liked it was a good job and the benefits went through the roof. got along with co-workers and i also worked alone quite a bit over the years
York University - College President
President for Founders College Student Council (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 9, 2016
Overall great job. I was able to learn many skills such as team building, organization, and leadership.

The management team was fantastic, they were always there to help if help was needed.

I worked very closely with a team of 9 other people and I would say that was the most enjoyable part of the job.
exciting, busy, fun, versatility
Continuing Education Coordinator (Current Employee), York, ONFebruary 7, 2016
Pros: Fun, versatile, exciting great benefits, great surroundings, a lot of employee wellness
Cons: To far from my home, commute is to long. parking expensive.
inquires re: programs
registration
processing / financial
invoices
accounts payable/accounts receivable/journals
preparation of facilitators materials
sales/marketing on selling programs
website updates and add ons
ordering breakfast and lunches for programs
set up of meeting rooms / it equipment set up
customer services to participants and instructors
general administration every day as well
Fun always dealing with new people meeting new people, helping them improve their careers.
Always on the move , do more than one job very versatile
amazing place to work and be , great benefits

need to work closer to home now otherwise would of loved to retire at York U :)
productive and fun workplace in residence
Residence Life Night Porter (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 31, 2016
-3 hours shifts
-work 9 to 10 times a month
-get homework done during shifts
-work with peers/people you live with
-meet everyone you live with
-keep the residence safe
Fun workplace , meeting many deifferent people
Residence Life Night Porter (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 28, 2016
Pros: Not hard
Cons: Low salary
3 hours shift. Everyday meet lots of people. Good and interesting co-workers. Hard part of the job is to watch every student and ask for their IDs.
Very productive and learning environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 18, 2016
Pros: Sharpened my english
Cons: None
Lot of reading and writing as the main task was to translate documents from french to English. Very good experience as it sharpened my English and writing reports. Answering calls, taking messages, replying to some emails, greetings guest to the office.