York University Employee Reviews

Great Staff
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 August 2017
I worked in a very welcoming Department. All staff and faculty offered a helping hand when you needed it. Flexible hours. Wonderful experience. I would recommend working at York University if provided the opportunity.
Research departments allow one to enhance skills and knowledge
Research Associate & Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  North York, ON3 August 2017
Professors always ready to help and show a keen interest in further strengthening the skills of students and employees!

Work as a unit and great opportunities to learn and apply!
It's okay working here.
Junior Cost Control Clerk (Former Employee) –  North York, ON27 July 2017
Worked here for a very long time, only for the experience. They do not foster any sort of future within the positions. Worked 830-430 which is standard timing all around. Management was not too bad.
Great work and jobs available to students but NO job security and bad salaries
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 July 2017
The jobs are fun, easy and contribute to the students ability to complete their education by working for it.

However, the pay is so minimal it can barely cover my rent and I need to eat. They discourage having a job while completing a Masters degree, but I have no choice when this job which covers my tuition does not come close to covering the rest of my needs.
Pros
Great work life balance
Cons
Bad salary structure
productive workpalce
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 July 2017
I have learnt a lot about researching in my own field of interest, I have worked as a research and teacher assistant for two years now, teaching different engineering coursed to undergraduate students.
Great place to work for
TEACHING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  North York, ON17 July 2017
I enjoyed every moment of my time at York University as a teaching assistant. I was there under special circumstances so my situation wouldn't apply to anyone else, but it doesn't change the fact that it was great.
Large inter-disciplinary university
PhD student (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 July 2017
Good university with diverse faculty. Went here for my undergraduate degree and the entirety of my graduate studies. Have developed many good relationships with faculty within my department.
Excellent management and experience for current students
Peer Mentorship Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 July 2017
I had a great time working at York University. It has an excellent culture, offers a lot of resources for personal improvement and support. You also learn a lot in your role and have lots of opportunities to grow.
Productive workplace
UIT Student Computing Services Advisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 July 2017
A learning experience; got to learn how to make tickets, deal with IT issues with clients, how to use the York system, how to reset passwords, selling educational program CDs, as well as clickers
Excellent Work place
Teaching Assistant (Financial Accounting) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 June 2017
Job security is somehow high if you have good performance. Communicating with the manager is easy. However, difficult to get an answer and people just sent you away to different departments.
Great Work and Pay
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 June 2017
Proffesional evironment as Teaching Assistant. Many opportunities to build relationship with proffessors that you are working with. Perform middterm and Final exam grading.
Great starter job.
Program Representative Sport Clubs (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 June 2017
Workplace culture was in the process of restructuring (a very good idea). Good place to "get your feet wet" as management is very forgiving in most departments. Enjoyed the flexibility of planning my work week.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Work space was over stimulating (too noisy).
Mailing / Distribution Manager (Former Employee) –  North York, ON21 June 2017
I was under contract hoping to get full time. My time there was great the pay was great and the people and the environment is great. I learned so much and taught staff new skills.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Hard to think of any
Great Place
Atmospheric Chemistry Research Tech (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 June 2017
Worked in the first year of the atmospheric science department. A lot of great talent and people. First summer job and subsequent out of school job.
Pros
talented people
Cons
junior position
Good Workplace
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 June 2017
York University is a great school and the institute for social research was a great place to earn some money and learn data entry skills that allowed for growth in the workforce.
great
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 June 2017
I worked as a cashier for the summer, and it was a great experience, met a lot of nice people. staff was great environment was great. the pay was good for me at the time
good work environment, good benefit
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 June 2017
Tutored students one-on-one during weekly office hours; provided guidance involving areas of
improvement to facilitate academic development
Assisted the professor in accomplishing teaching goals throughout the study terms
Obtained hands-on experience in ensuring exam requirements and carrying out Code of
Conducts; strong organizational and teamwork skills were developed through multi-tasking
Assisted the professor with invigilating midterm and final exams, strongly improved the
efficiency and accuracy in the distribution of exam materials, preparation of student entry, student
invigilation and the collection of exam papers
Exciting Opportunities
Researcher (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 May 2017
Atypical opportunity. Was sought out by supervisor of Caring Minds history of mental health program. Got to share and further develop expertise. Independent study and work.
Reality of the real world
Athletic Chair (Current Employee) –  North York, ON23 May 2017
This job has thought a lot of myself, the capabilities i have within me, the weaknesses that i need to improve upon, not to mention the fact that you were constantly at work.
Motivational
Student Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 May 2017
Typical day entails calling former students of the University asking for support to varying faculties and programs being over by the University. The culture is very open among employess