York University Employee Reviews

A Great University
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 December 2016
I have been going to York for over ten years. It is filled with wonderful teachers and students not to mention a beautiful campus. I would definitely recommend working there.
Productive and relax workplace
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 December 2016
My experience here was great since the work to be done was straight forward and the amount if work was reasonable. The staff were friendly and the overal atmosphere was positivr. It was a competitive type of job and so a little bit stressful.
wonderful environment
Campus Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 November 2016
the culture at this institution is excellent snd everyone i worked with were amazing,good and profitable advice from superiors.
Had no issues what so ever during my time there.
Just started working here.
A/V TECHNICIAN ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 November 2016
it's been great so far. Staff are great and professional and management are very polite. I recently started this job so I'm still learning more about the whole experience.
Fun place to work. Provides opportunity to learn and grow.
Promotions and Marketing Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 November 2016
Early start to a day. I learned to communicate effectively. Polished my Marketing and promotions skills. Management is friendly and encouraging. Co workers have positive energy. Paperwork gets to be a little annoying sometimes. The Best part is having to interact with 60,000 students under one roof which helps grow your communication skills and ability to develop Customer service experience.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
old building
Productive and fun work place
Front desk/ receptionist (Former Employee) –  YORK RESIDENCE4 November 2016
working with york university built my confidence and thought me great customer service. I gained so much from this company such as audience speaking , tackling customers problems and helping colleagues with their job.
Incredible team
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 November 2016
• Appointment Scheduler and Event Organizer.
• Assisted Professors with administrative duties, handling over 10,000 students per semester.
• Effectively collaborated with students to organize their schedules and make appointments with professors for advice and consultations.
• Liaised between charitable organizations and donors, with the aim of raising funds.
Pros
great team and location
Cons
short hours
Research was Good
Researcher (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 November 2016
developed a lot of academic expertise through research and learnt to work independently. Conducted hours of library research and online databases. Performed several lab procedures and tests. Very Good Experience
Pros
experience
Cons
overtime work
Excellent learning environment
Student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 October 2016
My daily work was only study including my courses and some exams like CSC, CFA and LLQP, because I was a master student in York University.
Productive and fun place to work with wonderful co-workers.
Bookstore gate and Line Control Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 October 2016
This was a fun place to work.The managers were efficient and understanding. Coworkers are willing to help out. Overall it is a good place to work.
Pros
close to home
Good experience of customer service
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 October 2016
• Build customer relationship
• Open/Close the cash register (counting money and balances)
• Maintaining clear store condition
• Quickly understanding customer’s needs
• Serving best goods and products
• Cashiered with two cash registers at once in tandem to maximize customer flow
Pros
Free lunch
Convocation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 October 2016
I learned how to coordinate and recruit. Because I started as a sales person and moved on to supervisor and then started hiring individuals. It was a great experience because you learn a lot and at the same time get the chance to communicate with different clients.
Pros
Great management
Cons
Customers
Productive and Enjoyable Work Environment
OFFICE ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 September 2016
The environment was very welcoming. My co-workers were very helpful, when I asked. I learned how to deal with student complaints in a professional manner. Management was great, and very understanding. The best part of my job was being able to see other happy, when I greeted them.
awesome experience
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  North York, ON30 September 2016
once and a life time experience, learned lots about event managing and how to be vigilant. Developed and refined a lot of skills. Great overall time and amazing team
Great University, good professor and good financial support to students
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 September 2016
York University was a great place to work; the management there is attentive, always ready to answer questions and address concerns. High financial support for every student and especially PhDs, many activities and career fairs to go to.
Great Place
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 September 2016
Great hours, just taught 15 hours a week while studying my own Masters Degree. Wonderful co-workers and great students. Apart of a good union also so we were paid great.
Fun work place with student employees.
Senior Annual Fund Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 September 2016
Calling york alumni on a regular basis. Before the shift starts, there is a question of the day so that everybody gets a chance to talk and open up before the shift begins. The hardest part of the job was to talk to strangers on a daily basis not knowing what the other person on the phone will give me as a situation to deal with. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my co-workers and management. Very friendly management, who were easy to talk too.
Pros
Stickers for time off the phone
Cons
Limited working hours
Interesting and Engaging
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 September 2016
I really enjoyed working as a teaching assistant for the Environment and Culture class. My students were very interested in the material, which made for good discussions. I also enjoyed working with the professor. He gave me a lot of freedom.
Pros
Good students
Cons
Unpredictable hours
Productive and fun place to work
Kinesiology Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 August 2016
We would go there in the morning and afternoon, take the kids to the gym and play games with them wearing a belt that would tell us how much children were running.
I've learned a lot and had a lot of fun, met new friends, everyone would help each other, everyone was fair and treated with respect.
Productive and fun place to work
Admissions Recruitment Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 August 2016
A great academic institution and a very nice work environment. You get to interact with a lot of people from different parts of the world
Pros
great working culture
Cons
none that I can think of

4.3