York University Employee Review

View all York University reviews

Student Parking Control Officer Operations
PARKING CONTROL OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 October 2013
We are required to report to the briefing room at the beginning of our shifts where we are assigned our respective booths. After that, we are driven to our respective booths and our work day begins. We help patrons when they have difficulty paying at the exit of the garage, answer their parking and event related inquiries, provide patrons with directions and process transactions in our booths. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with various age groups and being such an integral part of events on campus. The hardest part of the job is having to stand outside in the winter and manually process transactions when and if the machines beak down. Through this job I have gained more customer service skills and cash handling skills. I have also learned to work in a fast paced environment that requires initiative and quick action.
Pros
work/study job, long hours
Cons
late hours, part time student job

Other York University Employee Reviews

Great work place
Assistante de langue (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 December 2017
Amazing workplace, amazing staff and colleagues. First real Canadian experience, it gave me much pleasure to work there
helpful work environment
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 December 2017
York University is a great place to work. Friendly coworkers with professional work environment. The union support of York University is great with tons of benefits.