York University Employee Review

View all York University reviews

Generally, it was satisfying to work here because one is involved, although not directly,in the education of mostly young persons.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 November 2013
My work involved dealing with other employees in other departments on a daily basis. I developed great communication skills over the years and enjoyed interacting with others employees. I honed my management skills as this came into play on a daily basis. I also interacted with members of the public as I met with couriers, and salespersons from various businesses. The most enjoyable part of the job was actually my interaction with persons from all walks of life e.g. students, professors, salespersons, couriers and of course my coworkers.
Pros
Good benefits, flexible work hours
Cons
Exposal to dangerous fumes (waste chemicals) and radioactive waste

Other York University Employee Reviews

Work Environment
Book Store Customer Service Assistant (Casual) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 January 2018
All co-workers are very friendly and the supervisors are welcoming. The work environment is safe and always feels welcoming. The salary is nice and the work doesn't create a lot of stress
Pros
Good University
Cons
Parking fees are too high
great place to work
Residence Don (Current Employee) –  68 winters lane12 January 2018
if you love working with students, and being able to work while living for free this is the job to do. It is a life changing job that promotes growth and provides further opportunities.