York University

York University Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Review Summary
Admissions Client Services Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 15, 2015
I have worked at York University for over three years as a work study student and now under YUTA. Being a YUTA member has allowed me to enjoy many different working experiences in various clerical, customer service and administrative positions.
a nice place to work with
Custodian (Current Employee), North York, ONMarch 26, 2015
Pros: free uniform
its fun working with the company, learned more about life, management was great , all co workers are friendly and we work as team sometimes its hard but end of the its worth
Systems Administrator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 23, 2015
Flexible hours and very good management. There has been several cut backs which made the position a bit insecure.Good overall.
Fun, stimulating, exciting, challenging
Research Project Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 19, 2015
Working as a research project assistant was an excellent experience and I would love to do it again. I learned a lot and had the opportunity to be around many different professionals in the field.
Amazing atmosphere
Research Assistant (Former Employee), York UniversityMarch 19, 2015
The atmosphere was great. The workers were very friendly and it provided a very positive environment. We would formulate in the beginning of the week for a team meeting and see areas that needed improvements, and areas that we succeeded in and discussed overall progress. Then we would begin our work week on a positive note. We would call numbers and see if they were interested in our service and we would record and write down receipts and information.
Relaxed Environment
Print Lab Monitor (Current Employee), North York, ONMarch 11, 2015
As a print monitor I run the printers and help design students format their files. Its a fun environment and it is interesting to see what everyone is doing project wise. Management is also really awesome and easy to talk to about any issues that may occur.
A great opportunity for a young web-developer.
Web-site creator (Former Employee), HalifaxMarch 6, 2015
Don't tell experienced professionals that York University professors are having book club web sites created, or there won't be work left over for the rest of us.
Productive ,Fun Workplace
Managing Student Accounts and Computing Services (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 1, 2015
Amazing Workplace with great co-workers and effective production. Gained extensive knowledge of using and integrating web applications
Welcoming and supportive environment
Annual Fund Representative (Former Employee), North York, ONFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: virtually, you get an unlimited amount of work hours if you want them.
Great management team that worked with you one-on-one to help you thoroughly throughout your training process.

Hardest part of the job was getting donations. It could be tough but if you were patient and confident, it could be done.
Productive workplace
Graduate/Research Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 24, 2015
Amazing workplace where you are encouraged to learn new thing on daily basis.
Great place to challenge your potential and learn research and administrative skills.
Great school to be apart of
Student (Current Employee), TorontoFebruary 24, 2015
Going to York is a great experience and great opportunity to further my education and football career. University life isn't easy but is greatly rewarding.
Lab experience and get time to spend with the professors
Class Representative (CR) (Former Employee), Bethune college (BC)February 17, 2015
Pros: free snakes and study room 24/7
A typical day is to deal with my peers in class and pass their comments to the professors. I learned excellent eye contact and understanding to the issues proposed by students. Also, I learned how to communicate in different levels, the professional with the professors and the local with my peers. The management were my self and few professors. The hardest part is that when the student lose their control and think of committing suicide due to academic reasons. Over all the job was great and enjoyable because we get free food and we get a free room to study in 24/7.
Decent Employment for Students
FACULTY OF LA&PS (Former Employee), North York, ONJanuary 31, 2015
Work/Study field. Decent hours. Not very understanding about needing to miss work for study and/or sick days. Told that work hours couldn't exceed 15 hours/week but was expected to work full day shifts, everyday, during holidays simply because I lived on campus. Found supervisors to be passice aggressive at times, was more of a personal assistant role than anything else.
The ability to work and learn at the same time
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), North York, ONJanuary 27, 2015
- Perused databases and encyclopedias to draft a literature review
- Interesting reading articles about the topic of interest. Learned new things while doing so
- Somewhat challenging to locate the exact information necessary
- All in all, a decent summer job
A great place to research
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 23, 2015
As an undergraduate student this position was helpful in teaching a number of skills that would not have been obtained simply from attending classes. Additionally, having the opportunity to engage in each step of the research process (collection, analysis, and written) was a unique and beneficial experience.
Fun workplace, young team
Student Peer Advisor (Former Employee), Concord, ONJanuary 23, 2015
Some of the tasks included meeting up with new or potential students, introducing them to the student life, campus, classes.
Together with my team we guided first year students and organized events meant to bring students together.
Fun work place with friendly and supportive co-worker
Residence Night Porter (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: short commute time to work place
Cons: late work hours
During this job I made a lot of good friends which expanded my network in the university, as i get to meet people from different major and learn from them.
Team work would be the most essential skill that I have experienced while doing this job. The feeling of working towards one goal with a passionate group of people is great. You are motivated to carry on your duty every single day.
It's an awesome place to work.
Accounts Administrator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: great work hours, lots of perks to encourage a job/family balance
Cons: jobs are mostly contracts
Working at York University was a unique and challenging experience. My team was wonderful, and management always support and encourage new ideas and looks for ways to improve your jobs. The enjoyable part of the job was communicating with some of the most intelligent minds in the world and working with them, working as part of a unique team.
Productive and enjoyable setup.
Rob Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 30, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: repeated process
work was pretty easy and fun, i learned how to organized different things and how to manage with all other co workers for the benefit of the job. hardest part of the job was when the robs were returned and we had to hang all the robs in a limited time.
Teacher Assistant
M.Sc Physics and Astronomy Student /TA (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 26, 2014
My role was as a tutor, marker and grader for undergraduate students.

1 2 3 4 5

About York University

York University is a public research university in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. It is Canada's third-largest university. York University – Read more