York Region Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Great company to work for
Transit Operator (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON5 March 2017
There's always lots to learn and always great opportunities to gain more experience.

Responsibilities include transporting passengers and providing assistance when needed.
Management Top Heavy
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  York Region29 July 2016
The salary and benefits are industry leaders but there is a reason for that. The organization has to many managers that spend to much time trying to justify their positions. The end result is that the average employee suffers. The commissioner came from the private sector and new Director the same, result? Neanderthal thinking, ie; operations switched to 24/7 schedule. 12 hour shifts 7 days a week. They think there is a cost savings, trust me, no cost savings, 40 hour work week spread out into 168 hour work week with 40 hours of work. Other municipalities have tried it but found that it wasn't feasible. Unfortunately management is more concerned about there own vertical movement in the organization to voice a dissenting opinion, the end result is the workers affected by this decision have there lives turned upside down. I have seen management scramble to clean up operations centre, spending tens of thousands of dollars to impress the local councillors on there visit during public works day. Council is being hoodwinked by the current management team, too much waste and stupid new initiatives that do nothing but pump up managements ego. One more thing, if management doesn't like you, they will find a way to get rid of you. I have seen this done too many times to some very talented employees.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Poor management
great working relationships
Transit Operator (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON16 February 2016
great co-workers and excellent environmnet....monthly bbq to reminesce....yearly golf tournament...

learned respect towards cliental

management has open door policy

being aware of our surrounding at all times
An enjoyable job.
Transit Driver (Current Employee) –  Newmarket Ontario7 March 2012
It is a great company to work for, they are fair and treat people with respect. I would suggest anyone to work for this company, I only wish to leave because I want to move to a different province.
Pros
pay is good.
Cons
want to move to quebec

Want to know more about York Region?

Ask a question