YORK REGION DISTRICT SCHOOL BOARD

YORK REGION DISTRICT SCHOOL BOARD Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A busy, productive, work environment...linking learning, creativity, and a caring, committed atmosphere.
Grade 2 Teacher (Current Employee), Markham, ONDecember 9, 2013
Pros: somewhat flexible work hours...complete my planning, marking at times chosen by me...
Cons: behavioural students...somewhat feellings of isolation in the classroom all day long...
High energy workplace, with constant goals being set...Learning to give, share, provide for, but also to borrow, and giving the benefit of the doubt. A fair, equitable workplace environment, which allows me to enjoy all aspects of human development, growing and learning...as I continue to learn from others, especially my students.
n
Supply Teacher (Current Employee), York RegionDecember 9, 2013
Its a wonderful feeling begin able to teach children and knowing that you become a leader for them.
Great kids and coworkers
Child & Youth Worker (Current Employee), Various LocationsOctober 20, 2013
Great environment helping children of all needs and diversity.
Great experience helping students learn
Tutors in The Classroom (Former Employee), Keswick, OntarioJune 24, 2013
On a typical day, I would help students in math and language. When they were stuck on a problem or needed an explication or extras assistance I would explain the information and help guide them through their assignment. I helped the students who were identified with special needs more than the other students. I was also a scribe during EQAO.

It was – more... a 6 week position. – less
Valuable and Satisfying Role
Tutor and Teacher Assistant (Former Employee), Richmond Hill, ONJune 5, 2013
Pros: valuable expereience
Cons: time consuming
Tutoring students in various subjects proved to be a valuable and enjoyable experience

I learned new methods of introducing important concepts in different ways in order to adhere to student's individual needs
Very enjoyable work.
Supply teacher (Former Employee), Newmarket, Aurora, Keswick, OnJanuary 16, 2013
Enjoyed working with children. I learned a lot about how to handle people from all walks of life.
Government Sector work with many onging projects of various sizes
Internal Architectural Consultant (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONNovember 1, 2012
Pros: no overtime work required. fixed hours.
Cons: low upward mobility due to unionized positions
Wide variety of work. Lots of travel and interactions with end-users.
Focus on learning and development
School Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Markham, ONJuly 20, 2012
Pros: opportunities to learn, courses/workshops offered by the organization or outside of it. education is very important. also, team building so that people can get to know each other and feel comfortable with each other.
Cons: overcoming personality conflict and power struggles. at the school board, one concept that resonates with me is the ruv concept - respect, understand and value - and it is disheartening when people, especially leaders, don't exemplify this.
Productive environment, especially when taking initiatives to learn and take on tasks out of my comfort zone. The corporate level allowed me to take on several assignments where I was able to support senior staff and challenge myself. In a supervisory role, I thoroughly enjoy leading by sharing my knowledge and helping others to learn. I think the most – more... difficult part of the roles was being able to assess personalities, especially where power struggles come into play and learn to navigate through them. It is important to win people over and build strong relations and in an organization/department with several individual mindsets, that can be a pipe dream but not impossible. – less