YORK REGION DISTRICT SCHOOL BOARD

YORK REGION DISTRICT SCHOOL BOARD Employee Reviews

Decent career
Caretaker (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON17 January 2018
this is a pretty good job - growth is difficult. The beginning of the position can be challenging as there is no stability in the schools you get placed to.
York Region
Educational Assistant (Former Employee) –  York, ON8 January 2018
Very nice company to work for, received calls everyday and could cancel at reasonable time if necessary. Did not have one bad experience with any school I went to.
Pros
If you don't like a school you can take it off the list
Cons
highway traffic in the morning
Inclusive environment
Lunch Monitor (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON7 January 2018
The York Region Catholic School Board is a pleasure to work for in many ways. The staff is wonderful. The children are a joy to supervise. School is very nurturing.
Enjoyable Part
Senior Counsellor (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON8 December 2017
I absolutely love working for the York Region District School Board
Everyone is so friendly, helpful and kind.
The community is so multicultural and welcoming.
Enjoy working with children and assist them with their needs
Lunch Assistant (Current Employee) –  Beckett Farm Public School, Markham, ON6 November 2017
I enjoy working with small children and I have the experience of raising my own 5 children. I quickly identify their need and deal with it with utmost responsibility. I guide children with their indoor and outdoor activities. I myself have a vast experience of preparing children foods and serving them in a class set up. I give special emphasis on hygiene and safe environment.
Pros
I get appreciation of my work from my superiors.
Cons
My working hours are very short. Just one hour a day.
Fun place to work!
Student Placement (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON12 October 2017
If you enjoy working with children and youth in an education setting, you'll like working at YRDSB. Very challenging, rewarding and fun environment. (CYW- Student Placement, Newmarket, ON)
Summer Student Caretaker
Student Summer Caretaker (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON21 September 2017
Worked as a summer student caretaker. Job was easy but fairly boring. Great job for a student returning home for the summer. Unfortunately the summer students are the only un-unionized members of the staff.
Fantastic place to work as a Summer Student
Summer Groundskeeper and Maintenance staff (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON12 September 2017
The York Region District School Board was my summer employer for my first four years of post secondary school and I could not think of a better place to work as a student. Although the pay might have been low, the job itself and the life lessons that I learned from the people I worked with were well worth it.
Interactive, positive, insightful and occasionally challenging and demanding
Educational Assistant/Child & Youth Worker (Current Employee) –  York Region23 August 2017
The job comprises of experiences that enables me to learn about different things and from different angles. I work across schools with the school board and i am exposed to experiences that fluctuate. I can have a positive, interactive, insightful and/or challenging and demanding experience(s)
Pros
Working with children and youths and learning from their strengths, endurance, and challenges etc
Cons
No freedom to choose desired grade
Productive and fun workplace
Junior Counselor, Summer Institute (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON17 August 2017
Working with the York Region District School Board was an amazing first job experience because the campers and other counselors made it fun. I would recommend this job to everyone because it is an amazing opportunity.

Want to know more about YORK REGION DISTRICT SCHOOL BOARD?

Ask a question
Good Summer Job
Junior Counsellor (Former Employee) –  Keswick, ON28 July 2017
Summer job as junior counselor was fun and I learned a lot about working with people.
This was a good summer job and I spent lots of time outside with kids
great place to work
Supply Early Childhood Educator (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON18 July 2017
I love this job. it has always been my dream to work in the school board. I get to meet many different children and go to many different schools. I assist the teacher in any tasks that they ask me to do.
Pros
meet new people. its my passion
Cons
because its supply work, not steady enough.
Excellent Collegiality and Support
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON8 July 2017
I love working for the YRDSB.

The job is to help bring our next generation to a place where they can find meaningful lives within their country and to make an impact globally. It's a huge responsibility and a privilege to be a part of it.

Each person is important, and we work together as a team. Support staff, admin and teachers all encourage and support one another.

Going into a new school where the environment is unfamiliar can be challenging at times.

The most enjoyable part of the job is being a part of an 'aha' moment with a student, when a concept finally makes sense to them or they master a skill they've been working so hard on.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
No school in the summer
Volunteer work
VOLUNTEER (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON5 July 2017
I enjoy helping out and volunteering during and after school hours. I truly love helping out in public environments. It is a great way to socialize with out while having a good time.
incredible staff and employees
HVAC/R Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON30 June 2017
This was a great organization and for the time I was employed by them I had no complaints or problems. I would recommend this company to any technician seeking employment.
Job security is ok. Silent Discrimination.
-na (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON30 June 2017
If you don't have an insider you wont get a permanent job. If you will notice most of them are relatives or family members of a manager or an existing employees.. The chance of getting a permanent job if you don't know anybody inside is close to none. I hope the board can address that issue when it comes to job opportunity equality.
school board
School Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sutton, ON30 May 2017
working here was alright. No direction with what to do and when.
Nobody to really answer to besides people in office.
Kids were so cute but there is a lot of classrooms that need an extra staff member to keep them all on track. unfair to the kids.
Pros
kids
Cons
no advancement
excellent place to work for
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ontario25 March 2017
I absolutely love working here; the people are nice; staff are friendly; professional; salary is good; excellent benefits; opportunity to move up; would recommend this place to anyone
Pros
all
Cons
Great for people with children
Educational Assistant/ Child and Youth Worker (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON2 February 2017
Benefits- Daytime job
Hardest Part- Not knowing where you will be working each school year
Causal workers- not know when you will be working each day and waiting for a phone call every day at 6 am
Enjoyable part- The children
Excellent workplace
Designated Early Childhood Educator (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ON22 January 2017
good work place, just hard to advance/find full time work. Great hours and benefits. Management easily approachable.